13

The bug zapper zipped loudly as they all made it to the porch, the middle lighting up in a shade of electric blue. The Feder's daughter looked up as it did, her face innocently confused before she spoke sweetly, "Daddy, what is that machine doing?"

Adhara's eyes widening, her pulling into something akin to both a wince and surprise. Lenny looked at his daughter, not seeming to get the sensitivity to the subject at hand when he answered. "It's getting rid of the moths, honey."

"Where's it taking them?"

Ada side-eyed the man, curious how he'd handle this, before Higgins spoke up. "Hell." She snorted, biting her lip and turning away from the others to hide her amusement. Lenny jumped right on to reprimanding him with a barely concealed smile and Higgins answered back with another witty quip.

"No, i-it's giving them electricity so the moths fall asleep e-electrically." He stuttered.

Becky panicked, her doe eyes widening in horror, and Ada felt herself frown at the poor girls loss of 'the world had no bad' realisation. "It's electrocuting them?!"

"No, no, no."

"But, Daddy, they're dying." She cried. Both Donna and Charlotte's attention snapped to the situation at hand, their expressions just as horrified as Becky's as they shouted, "It's killing them?!"

Lenny seemed at a loss, his hands failing that little but extra when he spoke a firm 'no'. The universe seemed to disagree however, as the 'zap' of the machine rung loud again and set Becky of shouting again. "Daddy, no!"

"No, no, it's not." Lenny called, walking up the steps with purpose. Ada had lent background against the stairs railing as she watched, an eyebrow perked in interest at his predicament.

She caught eye with Greg as she looked away from Becky, the boy looking straight at her. She felt her eyes widen momentarily, her cheeks flushing lightly as he continued to stare. Adhara smiled smally at him, the gesture seeming to snap him out of it as her quickly dropped his gaze with matching pink hue to hers.

Lenny had rushed up to the machine, it still crackling every few seconds. "Okay? Let me adjust it." He ripped the plugs apart, the blue colour instantly gone and the noise completely ceased. "Look, they're all alright, I promise you." He sated.

"See? Look at this guy. Whee." He chucked a definitely dead moth and threw it outwards onto the porch. The poor thing landed on the ground pitifully and Adhara raised her eyebrows at the dad as Greg spoke. "It's dead, Dad."

Roxanne hit the boys shoulder, the 'shut-up' look mixed with the 'mum-look' directed towards him. Charlotte's grandma, who Ada had yet meet, began to push her way past everyone else and up the stairs talking loudly about the porch swing and how she'd be occupying it for the weekend. She had shoved Keithie a little too hard, however, as he went falling down to his side; the way he fell had Adhara holding her breath as she tried not to laugh, finding it hilarious how silently he had gone.

The women had walked over the dead moth on her way to the swing, completely unaware it was there. Lenny raised his hands, shrugging as he proclaimed the bug officially dead.

The lake houses doors opened behind Lenny, Rob standing there with a smile as he welcomed them in. Everyone rushed up the stairs to the doors as he did.

"Welcome back to 1987, everybody. The lake house." Higgins cheered as he was the first to walk through the doors, everybody else rowdily talking between each other. "Nothings changed, it's unbelievable."

Adhara couldn't keep track of any specific conversation, choosing instead to stand by the doors and take in her surroundings. The lake house was big, larger then she'd expected for sure. It was, unsurprisingly, filled with little trinkets and corners that you wouldn't see in an average home and some of the colour schemes left much to be desired but overall it seemed rather nice. Adhara wouldn't mind spending the summer there for sure.

She jumped as Donna began to bang on the keys of a piano, cringing at how loud it was as Sally came rushing over. Adhara moved away from the day as Donna was reprimanded, standing beside the kitchen island just as Lenny spoke up.

"So, listen, guys, who's getting what room?" He questioned, looking towards Rob who sat at a table with his wife. Adhara caught eyes with Greg again, her cheeks warming as she snapped her head back to face Rob.

"I made a map of who gets which room." He stated. His wife stood behind him, hands on the back of his chair while she smiled down at him. "I took the liberty of reserving the room with the waterbed for Gloria and myself." He smiled cheekily, looking up at her. Adhara's nose scrunched up at his subtle implication as Gloria continued.

"Ooooh, you're gonna do the backstroke tonight." Her voice was extremely suggestive and the two didn't break eye contact as they smiled at each other. Ada felt her gag reflex threaten to begin as she watched them and was glad to know she wasn't the only one as she looked at everyone else in the room.

Rob whooped in response as Donna came shooting forward, speaking excitedly, "I wanna go swimming with you guys tonight." Adhara cringed as she came walking forward, standing beside her dad.

"Oh, honey, we're not really going swimming." Gloria answered, stepping closer to her. "What I meant was-"

Sally rushed forward, her hands instantly moving to cover Donna's ears in panic. "Oh, oh no, that's okay. She doesn't need to know what you mean." She smiled in a mix of politeness and disgust. "I don't even know what you mean."

Higgins spoke up from his place across the room, his hands making a gesture as he did. "I know what she meant." He pretended to vomit right after, his hands mimicking projectile sick. Adhara snickered to herself as she looked down, her arms wrapped around herself.

"Anyway," Sally interrupted. "Let's get back to the room picking. Rob, would you like to take us on a tour? Perhaps?"

Rob stood up, the map still in his hands, "Yeah, I'd love to show you a tour." He nodded.

———————————————————————

| I'm really sorry it took so long to write this chapter, I've been more interested in Harry Potter and The Marauders than anything else recently so I've found it hard to write for this. I'm going to start the next chapter soon, hopefully it'll be out in the next few days :)

I hope you liked the chapter! Things should be getting more interesting now that they've made it to lake house. Greg and Adhara seem to be getting on nicely so far, hopefully it'll stay that way :)

Don't forget to leave a comment on your opinions of Ada or anything else if you have one, it's always motivating!! :) |

He11KittyWh0r3  I hope you liked the chapter <3

1,061 Words.