Part XXVII-A: Obligatory Shower Scene (Part I)

~*This one wound up being reeeaaalllyyy long, so I chopped it in half. There's genitals in this one, but no sexual NSFW... yet.~

________

You and Touya headed back inside the apartment and found Toga and Twice still carrying on a rather loud conversation. With the pair distracted, and Compress still out for the count, the two of you went unnoticed as you passed by. To the right of the sofa was a hallway, which ran parallel to the living room. At one end was a bedroom, and at the other sat the bathroom. On the wall at the midpoint of the corridor, there were two doors: one opened up to a small storage closet, and the other to the toilet. Touya led you down the hallway to the right, into the bathroom, and shut the door behind the both of you.

It wasn't huge by any means - a typical Japanese-style bathroom found in most small apartments. On your left, there was a white shelf that ran the length of the wall at about chest height with all kinds of scrubs and soaps. The shower head was fixed to the adjacent wall and had a full-length mirror just underneath it. Just beside that, there was a cream-colored tub for soaking. A couple of used towels were strewn carelessly across the floor. Touya sighed.

"Animals." He grumbled, bending down to collect the saturated linens. You looked at him curiously.

"Oh, like none of those are yours?" You teased. Judging by the muddy boot-prints you'd seen on the couch, you got the impression that he wasn't the neatest guy anymore. Touya re-erected himself, arms full of partially wet towels.

"I don't really do showers." He said. You couldn't help the look of aversion that took over your face.

"What?" You questioned with a bit more disgust than you intended. Picking up on your tone, Touya sighed again.

"Calm down. It's not like I don't want to bathe. I can get infections if water gets trapped in the sutures." He informed, pointing to his face. You felt a bit bad about your comment, now. It should have been obvious; the ferocity with which he used his quirk all the time never allowed his injuries to fully heal - his scarred and stapled skin was essentially a series of open wounds. It made you sad to know your best friend wasn't able to care for himself properly. You found yourself scouring your mind for a solution.

"Well... what if I could help with that?"

Touya raised a brow at you. "Help me shower?" He asked.

You nodded, giving him a small smile. "Yeah, why not? I could use my quirk to keep the water away from the stapled spots or pull it out if it got in - it wouldn't be hard." It sounded so innocent when you said it.

Touya stared at you plainly, and for a second, he didn't say anything, likely waiting for you to realize what you were truly offering. When the genuineness of your expression didn't fade, he thought he should make it known: "You want to shower together?" He questioned with a confused tone.

Your eyes went wide, and your cheeks flushed with embarrassment as it sunk in. Truthfully, the awkward implication of your offer hadn't crossed your mind, but in reality, that's exactly what you were saying. You stumbled over your next few words, unable to come up with a good reason for your forwardness.

"I- I mean... I guess... Yeah, I guess that's what...I mean, if it would help..."

"That's alright." He interrupted. "It's thoughtful, but not necessary."

"O-oh." That was all you could say. Of course, you understood his apprehension: he may have stripped you out of necessity before, but that didn't mean he was comfortable being naked in front of you. Still, for some reason, there was a small part of you that was disappointed. You hadn't meant to come across as a pervert, but now you feared you may have made your partner uncomfortable. Touya cleared his throat and moved his gaze to the floor.