Am I dreaming?

Me and the guys were still at the party. Although Two bit and Marcia left. I guess they hit it off. Steve and Soda were talking until Steve went to grab a beer at the bar. Soda came over to us. "Y/N!!!! You just beat up a guy!" Soda said. "Way to state the obvious." I said. "Good job taking care of yourself y/n." Soda said. "Yup that's my girl." Dally said. We all knew he was joking. He likes to call girls that sort of thing. I think he calls every girl he meets "Doll"

Although I couldn't help but wonder if maybe he actually meant it.

After talking to Dally, Soda, and Steve for a bit I got bored and decided to get a drink. I went to the bar to get a beer. Dally followed me. "Hey doll, don't get too drunk tonight. I don't need you being all stupid on the walk back." He said. "I'm fine. I can take care of myself...Wanna play pool or something." I said. "Sure why not."

Me and Dally walked into the pool room. Tim, Curly, and some other guy were in there playing pool already. "Y/n, Winston, care to join us in pool." Tim said. "Did you say Y/n?" the other guy asked. "Yeah that's me. I'm y/n." I said. The guy came a little closer and I got a good look at him.

It was Carter. 

(if u forgot he was the ex that dated y/n then Olivia. Then cheated on Olivia. With Sylvia.)

"Carter what the hell are you doing here." I almost screamed. "What? I can't go to a party?" He said. Then his eyes met Dally's. "Dallas Winston. Your Sylvia's ex huh? No wonder she wanted to move on. Sick of him yet y/n? I'm always here." Carter said. Dally looked like he was about to throw hands. Tim stepped in and started talking. "Guys let's just play some pool. That's what we're here for huh? Forget about all that." "Tim, respectfully, I'M NOT GONNA FORGET." I said. They all walked over to the pool table  to play I wanted to crush Carter's team. Me and Dally were on a team and Tim and Carter were on a team. To be honest, I have no idea what Curly was doing.  

I hate to say it but they were beating us. I could tell Dallas hated it because well... He likes winning. A lot. "So what does the winner get? A date?" Carter said. "Not from me." I said. "You know you want me." Carter said. "I don't. I really don't. You can keep Sylvia." I said. "I'm done with Sylvia. She was a cheater."

"Takes one to know one Carter." I said. 

"If I win can I pass up the prize. No offense." said Tim. "Yes. Please do." I said. I know right now I should have been denying this but if Dallas won, he'd have to go on a date with me. It would be an opportunity to find out if he liked me back.

Dally's intense gaze never left Carter's face as he responded, his voice was harsh "You really don't know when to quit, do you? If you can't get a girlfriend at least get your life together."

Ignoring Carter and Dallas, Tim chimed in, trying to defuse the escalating tension. "Alright, let's get back to the game. Winner gets bragging rights, that's it." Carter rolled his eyes when Tim said that.

The pool balls clacked against each other as the game resumed. I felt the atmosphere growing more intense with each shot, the competitive edge making me more and more determined. It was my turn, and I focused on the table, trying to shut out the rest of the world.

I lined up my shot, the cue stick sliding smoothly through my fingers. The ball rolled across the table and knocked one of Carter's striped balls into a corner pocket. (idk why i giggled during writing that) I let out a small smile and glanced over at Dally, who was leaning casually against the pool table, watching my every move.

As the game continued, it became clear that the odds were shifting in our favor. Dally and I were catching up. Tim and Carter exchanged worried glances as they missed shots. It was getting intense and even Curly seemed to be getting interested in the game. And I don't think curly was interested in things that often.