THE WAR OF THE WORLDS (PART 2) THE SCROLL

After taking a refreshing contrast shower and brewing a fragrant cup of coffee, I stepped out to the common balcony to smoke and share my exciting dreams with my neighbor Lekha. However, upon finding him smoking and muttering under his breath while scratching his unwashed hair, I realized that something was wrong. He handed me an A4 sheet, which I read and realized that my dream might actually be true. Excited and filled with anticipation, I rushed back to my apartment to find the scroll that a stranger had given me the day before.

After a fruitless search, I finally found the scroll resting on my shoe cabinet, unrolled it, and read it with a newfound realization that my life would never be the same again. It described a fleet of Angels, dressed in light armor, sailing across the sky to their final resting place, as a final battle approached. I marveled at the beauty and wonder of this unseen world, before being brought back to earth, where half a year had already passed.

As I finished my cold omelet and coffee, I couldn't bear to watch the news anymore. Everywhere I looked, people were handing each other scrolls of "happiness," and even TV shows had been created around this phenomenon. I left the café and headed towards my neighbor Lekha's house to watch a football match together, as we always did. Despite his recent withdrawal and lack of communication, I was pleasantly surprised when he agreed to join me.

On the way to the stadium, we walked through the same park where I had received my scroll a year ago. As a fatalist, I believed in the inevitability of fate and accepted that whatever was meant to happen would happen. Lekha, on the other hand, was a passionate football fan and the only topic he could talk about comfortably.

As we passed a tent in the park, we decided to stop and grab some delicious shawarma before the match. While Lekha went ahead to get his, I heard cries for help in the distance, as sounds of broken glass grew increasingly louder. Someone urged for calmness and peace.