(PART 17) THE DEVILRY

On Monday, around five in the evening, another sales meeting commenced at the notorious headquarters. The boss, Stanislav Sergeevich, had been berating Alexei for fifteen minutes, expressing his frustration with the unit's failure to meet the sales plan for issuing "hangover loans."

Standing before his chief, Alexei felt as though he was facing a real demon, rather than just Stanislav Sergeevich. His colleagues had even nicknamed him "SS" due to his rude and disrespectful behavior, which often caused emotional and mental distress among the employees, and occasionally even physical harm.

While the boss continued his tirade, Alexei tried to remain calm and composed. He knew that he had the guidance of Navi, who was reluctant to reveal any secrets about combating evil spirits. Navi's only request was for Alexei to behave as though nothing was amiss and not reveal his acquaintance with the angels.

Alexei couldn't help but fantasize about using holy water or a crucifix on this venomous boss to send him back where he came from. However, he wasn't sure if such actions would really help, as his knowledge was largely based on horror films and childhood vampire books.

The story then shifts to the rooftop of the Root tower, where a helicopter carrying Azot and Zola, two mysterious characters, landed. Interrupting the heated meeting, Stanislav Sergeevich left to greet them.

After the others left the office, Alexei found himself alone, contemplating his medallion and the instructions from Navi. Ignoring Navi's advice to remain non-intervening, Alexei decided to follow his boss. Clueless about the proverb "curiosity killed the cat," he went after Stanislav Sergeevich to the roof and then to the technical floor.

Hiding near the locked door, Alexei eavesdropped on a conversation between Stanislav Sergeevich and his two associates, Ash and Nitrogen. They discussed a mysterious "ark for the relay" and the need to sign soul contracts by a specific time.

As the conversation unfolded, Alexei realized that Stanislav Sergeevich and his companions were up to something sinister involving the portal key.