(PART 16) EVE'S MORNING (CHAPTER 2)

After a refreshing shower and a satisfying breakfast, Eva embarked on "Operation: The Most Beautiful." With a successful top-level makeup session, she felt ready for the special day ahead. Gathering her scattered books, Eva lay down on the floor with her legs propped up on the bookcase, eagerly awaiting the time to pass quickly. The clock ticked on, and her heart continued to beat to the rhythm of the Polonaise.

Attempting to calm her nerves, Eva turned on the TV, channel-hopping to find some distraction. However, the excitement of going to the movies with her boyfriend felt like a first date, making her wonder why she was so anxious. She tried to reassure herself, knowing that there would be many more movie dates in the future.

As the afternoon dragged on, Eva found herself sitting on the windowsill, feeling somewhat disappointed by the passing hours. Kostya was still nowhere to be found, and even her mischievous inner hedgehog had fallen silent. Doubts crept in, and Eva began to question her decision to come see him the day before.

By 2:30 PM, Kostya had not arrived, and Eva's hope began to wane. Feeling hurt and abandoned, she hastily put on her coat, grabbed her bag, and stormed out of the apartment, slamming the door behind her. While descending in the elevator, she met Kostya, who apologized for making her wait.

Eva couldn't believe her ears, "Why didn't you call me all day long?" she asked, still annoyed. Kostya, in turn, tried to dial her number but was met with an "unavailable" message from the phone company. It turned out that Eva's phone was left in the bathroom, which led to a good laugh and a wide smile on her face.

Despite the latestart, they didn't make it to the cinema that day, but that's a story foranother time...