(PART 18) THE UNKNOWN WORLD

Zola approached the closet against the white wall and effortlessly pushed it aside, revealing a shabby door with marks left by the moving closet. Azot promptly retrieved the ark's projector, which he had been holding onto since receiving it. The projector had a key engraved on it, which he connected to the repeater.

"Turn it on," the Guide commanded.

Perplexed, Azot examined the projector but couldn't find a rotary element to power it on. He set the projector aside and checked the ark once more, only to discover that the key was missing.

Zola noticed Azot's concern and joined him, questioning, "Something wrong with the ark?"

"The ark is fine. The problem is, there's no key," Nitrogen replied.

"What? None at all?" Zola inquired, surprised.

"That's right. Not a trace," Nitrogen confirmed.

"Does the guide know?" Zola asked.

"Not yet, but any delay will surely reveal it," Azot responded.

"What are you whispering about? Turn it on, as I ordered!" the Guide's voice interrupted their conversation.

In unison, Azot and Ash declared, "There is no key."

"What?" the Guide exclaimed in disbelief.

"We were attacked, as we told you. It was definitely the bright ones with the guardians," Zola and Azot explained simultaneously.

The Guide expressed his frustration by throwing a chair at the balcony door where Alexei was hiding behind the blinds. He then ordered everyone else out of the room, leaving Alexei concealed.

Approaching the outline of the door on the white wall, the Guide took off his shoes to avoid dirtying the floor and unlocked the door using the key hanging from his chain. He opened the door slightly, revealing an unimaginable sight that shocked Alexei.

The Guide's actions were enigmatic as he poured a bucket of water over his head, creating a cloud of evaporating water vapor around him. As the Guide seemed to disappear into an unknown world beyond the door, Aleksey mustered up the courage to approach the door, but as soon as he touched it, he experienced an intense shock that left his muscles stiff and his hand burned.

Realizing that he was heard, Alexei quickly retreated and accidentally knocked over the projector, causing it to shatter. Fearing the merciless bankers, he sought refuge on the balcony and then hurried back to his office through the helipad.

Outside the door, Azot and Zola found the missing Guide and the broken projector. Zola noticed a strange smell in the air, reminiscent of burnt human skin.