(PART 13) THE FRIEND OF MY FATHER

We will definitely talk about it," said Navi to Alexei. "Does the name Afanasy Achillovich mean something to you?"

Alexei abruptly stood up from his chair, his heart pounding with stress. The name Athanasius, his father's name, flashed through his mind. Memories of his deceased father surged to the forefront of his consciousness, memories he had long buried deep within his soul.

"My dad's name was Athanasius," he whispered, feeling overwhelmed as waves of nostalgia washed over him.

Navi's empathetic gaze conveyed his understanding. He embraced Alexei, and in that moment, it felt as if he was embracing a kindred spirit, a person who truly knew and cared.

"Who are you, Navi, and how do you know my father?" Alexei asked, his voice filled with curiosity and anticipation.

"Relax, didn't Konstantin tell you?" Navi replied. "We are your guardian angels – me, my son Christian, and the other members of the center whom you have yet to meet. As for your father..."

Navi paused, his gaze unwavering, before continuing with a resolute tone. "Your dad and I were friends. We served together in the army, although we lost touch after he was commissioned due to his injuries. It was your father who, through his stories of faith, courage, and honor, inspired me to find my own path towards spirituality. He was a man of remarkable strength, and his unwavering character motivated our entire company to rise up and face the battles before us."

Navi's words struck a chord within Alexei. He couldn't believe what he was hearing – the revelation that Navi was a friend of his father, a connection he had never fathomed before.

Overwhelmed by emotions, Alexei rose from his chair and walked towards the bookshelf, randomly selecting a book to steady his thoughts.

"Don't worry so much, Alexei," Navi reassured him. "Everything you have endured – from receiving the scroll to the turmoil at your workplace – is merely preparation for the trials that lie ahead."

"Trials?" Alexei questioned, his confusion evident.

"Indeed," Navi replied with a knowing smile. "If you and Konstantin had not experienced all that you have, you would not have been ready for what I am about to teach you. Your journey together has been instrumental in shaping who you are and the potential you possess. But be patient, for great things are on the horizon. The path ahead may not be swift, but through it, you will discover the true essence of what is happening. After all, both of you are destined to become true prophets."

With each word, an electrifying sense of anticipation filledthe air, as Alexei and Navi embarked on a mystical journey that would challengetheir beliefs and test their mettle in ways they could never have imagined.