chapter 12

Y/n goes to meet Salem to inquire about the spear his team found.

Y/n shows Salem the picture.

Salem: Draupnir! You found it?!

Y/n: Pardon?

Salem: A long time ago. A certain individual found a tree from the gods. The fruits of the tree grant eternal life to those that continue to feast on it. That individual wielded that spear. He fought your people for thousands of years until he was finally beaten and locked away. Only the ones that locked him away know where he is. And they are far gone.

Y/n: Well. That at least answer that.

Salem: Also. I never asked out of respect for privacy. But your mother, Eir. She wouldn't happen to still...nevermind.

Y/n looked confused but didn't press the situation and walked out of the room.

Armed with this new information; he was not dumb enough to disregard the possibility of this problem.

However that was for a later time. Salem sends the team to investigate the presence of Grimm near an abandoned sawmill.

The team wander into the sawmill.

Emerald: Hey, Y/n?

Y/n: What's up?

Emerald: Do you think after this we can-?

Emerald was interrupted as nets surrounded each of them and pinned them to the ground. Men appeared from hiding spots as Raven appeared as well.

Raven: I was hoping she'd send you. Now we can actually talk.

Y/n: I know you! Raven!

Raven: And I know you. Y/n.

Y/n: This was a trap?

Raven: Yeah. Just spread rumors and she'll send someone. Small enough to give some kids combat experience.

Y/n: What do you want?

Raven: As I said, to talk.

Mercury: Funny way to start a conversation.

Raven: Listen. You should leave Beacon. Salem will only use you as a pawn. Like how Ozma used me.

Y/n: Who is Ozma?!

Raven: She didn't tell you? Hmm. Tell me, who is your mother?

Eir appears from the roof of the sawmill as she jumps in front of Y/n.

Eir: I am. Raven.

Raven: Eir!

Raven looked a bit scared as she took two steps back.

Eir: What are you planning to do with my son?!

Raven: Eir. You know as well as I do what happens in this war! What Salem and Ozma cause!

Eir: Are you blaming them for your choices!? You and Qrow both wanted to run away from a good life! And ended up in Ozma's court. That blood is on your hands!

Raven: Can't you see that I am trying to save your son!

Eir: Why! Tell me why you care!

Raven: BECAUSE I AM TIRED OF THIS WAR! IT'S WHY I LEFT WITH TAI! BECAUSE I WAS SICK OF THE SENSELESS KILLING! AND EVEN WHEN I LEFT, SUMMER RAPED MY HUSBAND AND THEN MY BROTHER TOOK MY DAUGHTER FROM ME!

Eir looked a little saddened but kept her composure.

Eir: I can understand your-.

Raven: No you can't! Your kid is right there! He knows you are his mother and he loves you! Mine doesn't even know I exist!

Eir: Raven. I am taking my child and his team, and I am walking out of here.

Raven: Damnit Eir! Are you even listening?!

Eir: Yes. And I know that maybe Y/n isn't ready yet to deal with Ozma. But he will be.

Raven: And what about Summer's daughter then! What if he ends up like your husband?!

Eir clenched her teeth.

Eir: DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT FENRIR! NOT AFTER YOU HELPED KILL GARM!

Raven looked away for a moment.

Raven: You know about that?

Eir: Yeah! I do! Because I know for a fact that it would've taken a lot of you to bring him down. And I know you wanted payback for every single time he kicked your ass!

Raven: Eir, think about this. Think about the bigger picture.

Eir: I am. It is what Y/n wants. It is his choice, not yours! So if we are done with this broken record, we will be leaving.

Eir turns around and kneels.

Eir: It's okay, Y/n. I'm here.

Raven growls and draws her sword. She dashes at Eir.

Y/n: Mom!

Eir: I know.

Eir gets up and turns around. At that moment she grabs Raven's sword with one hand.

Eir: Raven. When have you ever beaten me?

Raven: I got something new.

Raven's eyes glowed green. Eir scoffed in response.

Eir: That's all? Not good enough.

Eir punched Raven away. Raven flew up and shot ice at Eir.

Eir swatted the ice away like a fly.

Raven: Damn you!

Eir: You asked for this fight. I don't care if you are hurting inside. But you will LEAVE MY SON ALONE!

Eir jumps up to Raven at an insanely fast speed and kicks her down. Raven's men panic and flee.

Raven struggles to get up. Her aura gone.

Raven: I see you haven't...lost...your step.

Eir lands in front of Raven.

Eir: No. Not at all. But you only seemed to get stupider.

Eir walks back to Y/n and his team and tears the nets apart.

Y/n: *gets up* Mom, how did you know where to find us?

Eir: Well, something seemed wrong about the Grimm reports in this area. Salem has been sending me the mission briefings you guys go on.

Y/n: You know all our missions?

Eir: Yeah. I figured it was a trap for you guys. So I came to save the day.

Y/n: Thanks mom.

Eir: It's what I do. *sigh* Y/n. Let's talk about Ozma.

Y/n nodded as they walked away from the sawmill.