chapter 2 Beacon

Y/n arrives at Beacon, he begins initiation with the rest of the students, with bat in hand he treks through the forest.  He knows his objective but is still cautious. Any Grimm here will be aware of the presence of more prey.   

Beowolves attack from the front, he quickly defeats them with a few swings of his bat and moves on. 

But eventually he finds himself in a gauntlet, Grimm start appearing back to back.

Suddenly a figure appears in front of Y/n with dual swords.

?:Need help?

Y/n: No. But appreciate it none the less.  What's your name?

Cinder: Cinder Fall. And you?

Y/n: Y/n L/n. Let's dust these guys! 

Cinder and Y/n continue to destroy the Grimm and move on.  

They continue on their way until they find chess pieces.

Cinder: These what we're looking for?

Y/n: I believe so.

They grab one and put it away. 

Out of nowhere, a nevermore launches some feathers at them.  The duo dodges the attack and looks up at the flying Grimm.

Y/n: I can't help much here, unless it comes down.

Cinder: I got it! 

Cinder begins to shoot at the nevermore. But it begins a dive attack at the duo. 

Y/n jumps above it's dive and hits it with his bat, sending it crashing down to the ground. 

Y/n made a mistake of thinking the battle ended right there. The creature gets up and flys again. This time however a figure appears and kicks the nevermore back down. Another figure appears and shoots it through the brain to kill it.

The two figures  walk towards Y/n and Cinder.

Y/n: Thanks for the assist.

Emerald: No problem, I'm Emerald and next to me is Mercury.

Mercury: Hey.

Y/n: I'm Y/n.

Cinder: Cinder Fall. 

The four decide to stick together and by the end of it, get put on the same team. 

Meanwhile, team Rwby has to meet with Ozma. 

The team approaches his throne.

Ruby: You wanted to see us?

Ozma: Yes. I heard that you encountered a peculiar individual.

Ruby: You mean the wolfie? His semblance is strong.

Qrow appears next to Ozma.

Qrow: It isn't his semblance.

Ozma: Correct. It is a lost ability of the werewolves. I thought I killed them all, it seems I missed one. From what I heard, he didn't use his true form.

Ruby: Hmmm. Interesting~. Well I am sure that we can coax it out of him. 

Ozma: In all due time. Blake, get your white fang ready for action. I need them to get more dust. We are behind schedule!

Blake: Of course. 

Ozma: Good, you four keep robbing stores for dust. Qrow, keep an eye on the wolf. But don't get too close, I am sure he can smell you. 

Qrow scoffs.

The team begins leaving.

Qrow: Ruby, wait up a minute.

Ruby waits for Qrow.

Ruby: What is it old man?

Qrow: Be careful. Kiddo, the kind of monster that wolf is. It isn't something to sleep on.

Ruby: Did you face something like him?

Qrow: Yeah, and so did your mother. In fact, one of his kind killed her. 

Ruby: I see. Well! That's alright then, because I am not my mother!

Qrow chuckles.

Qrow: No, you aren't. But still, be careful.

Ruby: *blows a raspberry* Old man, the wolf doesn't even have the spine to kill.  

Qrow: You know as well as I do, that it's temporary.

Ruby: Maybe. But that'll just make it fun.

Qrow pats her head.

Qrow: That's the spirit. *walks away*

Ruby sighs, all that talk of fighting got her excited. 

Y/n, Cinder, Mercury and Emerald end up on a team. They are team CMEY. 

Weeks go by and soon the team will be needed to deal with team Rwby.

Due to Y/n being the only one to defeat team Rwby in a fight, CMEY is deployed to deal with them. 

The team is deployed to a nearby village as a starting point to find where Rwby is hiding.

Cinder: You faced these girls before. What should we expect, Y/n?

Y/n: Expect them to work together, if we can separate them we stand a far better chance of winning.  

Emerald: Sounds good to me.

Mercury: Until we get in trouble and nobody is close enough to help.

Cinder: Play it safe. We pick a target and try not to have tunnel vision.  

The team find what their looking for. A small warehouse with dust inside. The only other security is a few guards outside.

Y/n: What's the plan?

Cinder: Let's take the guards out. That will draw team Rwby out. 

The team gets up and quickly knocks out the guards at the front. This does the intended effect of drawing out team Rwby. 

Ruby: Wolfie! I am so glad you came! I have been itching for a rematch!  *scoffs* I see you brought some friends though.

Y/n: Last time we fought, you sent your team after me.

Ruby: That was before you showed me how fun you are! Now I want you all to myself.

Cinder: Your call, Y/n.

Y/n: Ruby is fast. I'll take her on.

Ruby smiles

Ruby: Goooooood. *laughs evilly* Girls! Take care of the rest.

Weiss, Blake and Yang charge towards the team.  Cinder, Mercury and Emerald charge back in response.

Ruby: I know your hiding something from me, Y/n! I'm going to force you to show me your true power!

Ruby charges towards Y/n as he pulls his bat out, ready for a fight.