chapter 16

Yang and Emerald begin to battle Lu Bu. They charge simultaneously  but Lu jumps over them and lands right behind them. 

He goes for a slash in an attempt to get them both with one swing, however Yang blocks it with her bracer as she pushes the halberd to the side to force Lu to readjust himself.

Lu goes for another slash which the two girls dodge out of the way and split up with Emerald on the left and Yang on the right. 

Emerald makes a dash towards Lu who went for a stab in response. Yang saw opportunity and lunged at him with a full force punch.  Lu saw this at the last possible second and dodged while using his momentum to kick her away.

Emerald goes to shoot Lu but found herself suddenly being shot in the stomach. The shot drains her aura and she turns to see her assailant.

A large fat man can be seen standing there with a gun. He has a group of other armed men with him.

Lu: Do not interfere Zhou.

Zhou: Use your head, boy. If there are two then there could be three!  Raise the alarm!

At that moment the alarm starts blaring. 

The armed men get ready to fire at Emerald and Yang. However an arrow pierces one of the gunmen's shoulder. 

Cinder and Weiss appear from behind the group of gunmen as they all turn to face them.

Zhou: Lu! Deal with those two! Quickly!

Lu Bu nods as Yang and Emerald charge at him once more.

The gunmen take cover as they have a shootout with Cinder and Weiss. 

Lu Bu continues to brawl with Emerald and Yang. This time however he takes the fight more seriously.  Emerald and Yang find themselves outmatched as his moves are more fluid and speedy. 

Lu Bu goes for a slash that breaks Emerald's guard and makes her drop her weapons.

Emerald grits her teeth as she watches the halberd get closer to slashing her.

Suddenly Y/n appears and uses his bat to block the blow.

Emerald: Y/n!

Y/n: Pick up your weapons! The others need you!

Emerald: What about you?

Y/n: We got this. 

Ruby appears from above and does a downwards slash that makes Lu dodge.

Ruby is covered in blood as she reveals a sadistic smile and looks at Lu.

Lu scoffs.

Lu: More pests.

Lu slams the end of his halberd on the ground.

Lu: You must be the wolf that I have heard so much about.

Y/n: Yeah? Want to introduce yourself?

Lu: You can call me; the red hare!

Lu charges towards Y/n who readies himself for the incoming attack. 

Ruby intervenes and unleashes a flurry of attacks which makes Lu block them.

Lu manages to kick Ruby away but gets no rest as Y/n swings his bat at Lu. Lu blocks and sweeps Y/n's legs.  Y/n rolls away to avoid the next attack as he gets up.

Lu: Do not waste my time! Nobody has ever beaten me alone! So go ahead and transform.  The wolf vs the hare! 

Y/n looks at Lu for a moment. Then he throws his bat aside as he begins to transform.

Ruby appears and quickly slashes at Lu who barely blocks her attack.

Ruby: Nobody beat you by themselves? Thanks for the tip!

Lu: *scoffs* Not even both of you will beat me.

Y/n finishes transforming and charges. Ruby backs off as Y/n swipes Lu away. Lu lands on his feet and charges back.   

Ruby cuts him off with a barrage of attacks that force him into a defensive stance.  Ruby dashes away as Y/n shoulder bashes Lu to the ground.

Lu growls as he rolls away and then gets up.

Zhou sees the chaos around him and manages to slip out like the fat rat he is.

Blake and Mercury join the fight as the mercenaries are only taking losses.

Lu growls and weighs his options.

Lu: Later. I'm not fighting while that coward flees for his life.

Lu spins his halberd before he begins to walk away.

Ruby: That's it? Oh well. Let's kill these idiots and then!

Y/n turns back to his normal form.

Y/n: We could chase him down.

Ruby: I have a feeling we will find him later.  And next time, we can have a proper fight.

Y/n nods. Minutes later the last mercenary there is dead or unconscious.

The two teams reconvene.

Blake: That should be all of them.

Y/n: Then we are done here.

Mercury: So what? We walk away and pretend like this never happened?!

Y/n: No. We walk away, and save the fight for another day.

Weiss: He has a point.

Ruby looks at Weiss and smirks.

Ruby: That he does. I like that plan. Save the fighting for a different day. That way when we kill you, there will be no doubt that we were better.

Cinder: Lets leave. Before I change my mind about this.

The teams exit the facility. And then walk their separate ways. 

Y/n's mind wanders to the flash drive that Ruby gave him. He believes it is time for him to find out what is exactly on that drive.