chapter 6

Y/n heads back home during a weekend. He does it to seek answers about his father.

He approaches his home and knocks on the door. His mother, Eir opens the door.

Eir: Y/n! You should have told me you were coming.

Y/n: Sorry mom. I wish I was here just to see you. But I need to know more about my father.

Eir sighed.

Eir: I knew that one day this would happen. You turned into a great wolf. Someone pushed you far enough to do that.

Y/n: My father could do that?

Eir: Inside.

Y/n enters and they go to the living room. Eir pulls out a small box from behind the fireplace and puts it on the coffee table.

Eir opens the box and pulls out an old photo. She hands it to Y/n.

Eir: Your father and I were on the same team.

Y/n looks at the photo. He can see a set of twins, his mother, and Tyrian.

Y/n: The scorpion faunus. He saved my life.

Eir: So the man did decide to keep his word.

Y/n: I have an uncle?

Eir: You had an uncle. Your father is the one with silver hair. The one with brown hair is your uncle Garm.

Y/n: What happened to him?

Eir: He was killed. When the villain named Ozma sought to destroy the wolves from existence, he sent hunters. One of these hunters had an axe. She was their strongest and was eventually the one to kill your father.

Y/n: Is she still alive.

Eir: No, they ended up killing each other. So in the end both sides lost a valuable warrior. But I lost something greater. My husband. You weren't even a year old yet when he died.

Y/n: Then I must defeat Ozma and finish what he started.

Eir shook her head.

Eir: You can't stop him forever.

Y/n: Why not?

Eir: Because he is different. You kill him and he just comes back in a new body. Your father killed him three times before giving up.

Y/n: How is that possible?

Eir: I do not know.

Y/n ponders his next move with this new knowledge.

Meanwhile Jaune confronts Ruby.

Jaune: Ruby. I know it was you.

Ruby turns to face Jaune.

Ruby: You will have to more specific.

Jaune: It was you that killed Port.

Ruby shrugs her shoulders.

Ruby: And if it was?

Jaune: Just tell me why.

Ruby: That's an easy one. The wolf is my prey! I will not let anybody take that from me!

Jaune scoffs.

Jaune: If you actually could kill him you would've already.

Ruby growls.

Ruby: Really now?

Jaune: The wolf has a new form. From what I learned before you shot Port. It is formidable.

Ruby: That is good then.

Jaune: Apparently Ozma called in some more of his former hunters. Apparently they went into retirement after they thought all the wolves were dead.

Ruby sighs in disappointment.

Jaune: I'm also supposed to tell you that Rwby is supposed to assist the hunters.

Ruby senses opportunity and smiles.

Ruby: Oh this will be fun.

Later a small group of people walk into Ozpin's throne room. Rwby is summoned and they enter too.

Ozma: Ruby. Meet my specialists. Thor, Tyr, Baldur and Heimdall.

Ozma: You are going to help them hunt down that troublesome wolf. Rwby will deal with any distractions so they can focus on the great wolf.

Ruby: So we're just support?!

Ozma: Exactly.

Thor: Relax, we'll let you get a few shots in if you want.

Ozma: Let me guess. You will take the direct approach.

Baldur: Of course. After all, why waste time when you can attack the source.

Ozma laughs.

Ozma: Then lay waste to Beacon academy!

The four smile and walk off. Leaving team Rwby.

Ruby grows angry as she balls her fist.

Ruby: Fine. Girls!

Ruby walks out of the room and the rest of Rwby follow.

Yang: You got a plan?

Ruby: Yes. If Ozma thinks I am nothing more than a side show. He is mistaken!

Ruby once again would rather sabotage her side then allow someone to take her fight away from her. But what does she have planned this time around.