Chapter 20 - Exposed (Part 3)

In or out?

In.

No, out!

" Sir, can I help you? A man in light blue overalls asked expectedly, having approached after observing Mac wear out their welcome carpet to the garage office.

" Er, yeah... Is Itt here? I'm his friend" Mac remarked, regretting every word out of his mouth already.

" Yes, Khun Itt is inside, I'll get him for you" walking away without inviting Mac in. He hadn't drove in his car, meant he wasn't a client but a friend if he was asking for the boss upfront.

This is probably the stupidest thing Mac will ever do // and the universe agreed wholeheartedly// but he needed answers and if they came from the most unlikely sources, he would go the extra mile. After being reprimanded twice by Dad for inputting the wrong data in his presentation, Mac gave up, his focus not returning despite the long shower he allowed himself, wishing water would cleanse his body and soul of his filthy mind, going as far as ignoring Nan's call that morning. What was he to say, 'Oh, I cheated on you with someone in my dreams'?

He didn't trust his quivering heart, to not babble midst conversation because if there was something Nan was an expert at, was reading Mac like a book, catching every hitch in his breath. He had to settle this independently, before Nan returned, now if only he could stop his legs from shaking watching Itt approach.

" Ai Mac, what are you doing here?" Itt enquired, Mac's presence striking him as very odd, namely because Mac has never set foot anywhere near Itt without Nan?

' I am here because I can't think straight after imagining you between my legs' was way too crude even to his own ears, settling for "can we talk?"

" Yeah... inside?" was better with air-conditioning, without his staff sneaking glances at this new person their boss just met but declining sharply, Mac re-directed him to a nearby juice shop, picking the most secluded section, away from customers. Mac didn't feel right to Itt, his confidence was slacking, gaze wandering around, pointedly avoiding his and what's with the excessive leg shaking, causing their freshly delivered drinks to rattle lightly on the table.

A warm palm grasped a nervous one, Itt having waited enough to know Mac needed his help.

" Is it Nan?" the query low, yet alarming Mac whose eyes darted to the door as if the man had appeared.

So it is Nan, Itt concluded, taking a sip of his drink while Mac had his head ducked down, pushing his cup towards the silent man.

" Yuck!" the cup got slapped away in disgust.

" What the fuck is that?" Mac gagged at the horrible green taste, offended at Itt giggling away.//bastard!//

" Matcha! You would have known if you were paying attention..." Itt laughed off good-heartedly, handing Mac a napkin, to which Mac agreed, his mind had taken a walk. He had come so far, the man seated right in front of him, now if only he could ask.

" How did you know Day was the one?" before he could catch himself, mouth running on autopilot to which Itt said nothing in acknowledgement but an eyebrow lifted, confirming he had been heard.

The table went silent, Mac's sudden focus shifting to the puddle spreading from melted ice, boring into them as if a magic well overflowing with answers while Itt sipped silently.

" He changed"

//He was being spoken to? Oh yeah, Itt!// Mac blinked away the fog, trying to focus in the present.

" He took care of me and treated my parents as if his, following the rules my Dad had set for him if we were to be together. Dad and Day are the same character. Initially I assumed Day would walk away and find another, because why the trouble if someone else was easier right?" and Mac had to nod to that.