14. lose everything

When the dark clouds around Minho disappeared, he once again found himself in a place he didn't recognize. It was already dark, it must have been around 7:00 p.m., and he was standing in the middle of one of Seoul's streets. Behind him, on the road, hundreds of cars were speeding past him.

As he looked around, he soon found Y/n. The poor girl was laying her two arms on the railing that faced Han's river. She was looking at the moving water, while Minho was looking at her back. He stepped closer, now standing on her right side. She looked sad, really, really sad. The red marks her mom left were now gone, replaced however by new ones that she once again tried to cover with makeup. How much time had passed since the last memory?

She was silently staring blankly at the river in front of her. Her face was alarming, if Minho didn't know already the way she tried to kill herself, he would have guessed that she was trying to jump off. But she simply stayed still, as the wind caressed her hair.

"Y/n... what should I do now? How can I manage to find you?" He said, putting his hand on her arm, being once again hit by an ice cold feeling. "I'm even more confused than before. And I feel all my energy slowly fading away. I don't know how much longer I can hold on".

Then, Minho simply laid his arms on the railing as well, looking down at the water. He stayed by her side, as the wind hit his cold cheeks, until Y/n finally moved.

She straightened up her back, closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She took her phone out of her pocket, and as she turned it on, Minho saw a chat displayed on the screen, but only her texts could be seen.

-Jieun? It's me, can we talk, please?

-Jieun, please, don't be mad at me. We can settle things up.

-Jieun, I miss you...

-I didn't want to hurt you, I could have never wished for that. Please, let's come back to what we were before, okay?

-Jieun, you're one of the most precious things I have, I can't lose you too.

-I miss you...

Those texts kept going, she sent Jieun a new one almost every day, but she never responded. She was probably still mad, but was all that rage justified, just because Y/n didn't feel the same way about her? Y/n opened the keyboard, ready to send her another text, but after a few minutes of hesitation, she just put her phone away.

She sighed again, hitting slightly her two cheeks with her hands "come on, Y/n. I can't give up now". She said to herself "I have to keep fighting. For Jia".

And then, she started walking. Minho followed her, soon ending up once again in front of her apartment door. She stopped to look for the keys in her bag, but suddenly, Minho heard loud screams coming from inside her house, and Y/n did too, since she stopped looking for her keys.

"Jia..." she whispered, as her face became pale again.

She quickly took her keys in her hand, opening the front door at the speed of light. But the moment they stepped in, they found themselves in front of a horrible scene.

Jia was there, but she was lying on the ground, crying, her face was covered by red marks, and her eyes were full of fear as she looked up to her mother. The woman was breathing heavily, her hands were closed into a fist and she was looking at the little girl with the most frightening look Minho had ever seen.

Did she just hit Jia?!

The woman kept breathing in and out, she didn't even notice that Y/n had opened the door. All her attention was on the poor, little girl.

"You.. you little bitch..!" She screamed raising her arm, ready to hit Jia once again.

The little girl quickly covered her face with her arms, ready to take it in, but before her mother's hand could reach her, Y/n was already in front of Jia. She took her mother's hand, holding it with all the strength she had, preventing the woman from hitting her own daughter.