nightmares

*No one's pov:*

Dream has been suffering from nightmares since he was a kid.

They're soffocating, always reminding him about the past, but not in a normal way, in his dreams his memories are always shown in a distorted way.

When he used to live alone he didn't have to worry about being heard, so dealing with them was a bit easier, I guess you could say that, but now that he lives with George and Sapnap he had to hide it, which was really hard especially because the walls between their rooms are quite thin, so holding his breath and his sobs became really difficult.

The blonde had never told anyone about them, apart from his family of course.
He always kept it a secret due to the fact that he thought people would have made fun of him or something.
He thought that his reactions to his nightmares were always very drammatic and that he such a crybaby for crying everytime he had one, though it wasn't his fault.

He's always been quite an overthinker (relatable😏), which is probably the main reason why his mind often distorted his memories in his dreams creating some sort of weird nightmares.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Dream's pov:*

We were all watching a movie, I was lying next to George, when I decided to go to bed even though it was just 10pm, which was quite unusual of me since I normally go sleep at around midnight.
"Welp, I think I'll to bed guys" I said in a tired tone, "but it's barely past ten" sapnap said, not really paying too much attention to me since he was too absorbed by what was going on in the movie, "yeah, it's still kinda of early" George underlined with worry in his eyes, which confused me no gonna lie, but I just shrugged it off, "I know, but today was tiring ", "alright then goodnight" the brunet said along with Sapnap.

I started walking to my bedroom feeling a little anxious, I was afraid I was gonna have another nightmare.
I knew that my nightmares didn't really matter, but it's hard not to thing about them, about the people in them, it's like my own self has it with me and it's really tiring, sometimes I don't even sleep in fear of having to deal with another one of them.

I entered my bedroom, it was really dark but I still managed to get to my bed without turning the lights on.
As I layed in bed I slowly started to drift to sleep out of pure exaustion. I hadn't been able to sleep too well in the past nights.

As espected I woke up with cold sweat, hyperventilating. I started to cry.
This time the nightmare was about his friends leaving him, telling him how much they hated him. He could not stop crying as horrible words kept on repeating in his head :"I hate you"; "you're the worst of the worst";:you're disgusting"....(I tried my best alright😭)
They wouldn't stop, so I kept on crying like there was no tomorrow, until I felt footsteps close to his bedroom, and so I tried to make as less noise as possible, I didn't want his friends to see him like this.

*George's pov:*

As the movie ended I turned the tv off.
Sapnap had fallen asleep on the couch so I left him there, I then headed to the bathroom to wash my teeth, after that I climbed the stairs and started walking through the corridor to my room, but I was stopped by the sound of soft sobs, they were coming from Dream's room.

I stayed there close to his door to make sure those were really sobs, when I was convinced I opened the door to see if everything was alright.

My heart broke at the sight of Dream on his bed in a sitting position with his head hidden in his knees, he didn't seem to have noticed me walking in since he didn't move at all.

I started walking towards him, but I quickly stopped as I noticed that Dream was looking at me with a shocked face.
"Dream what's wrong? Why are you crying?", asked him full of worry. He didn't answer me, so I walked closer to him, I sat next him on the bed.

*Dream's pov:*

I was shocked when I saw George in my room, I felt so stupid for not hearing him and not trying to hide my tears from him.

He said something but I didn't really understand what, he then sat next to me, I immediatly ingulfed him in a hug that not even I thought I needed.
He didn't say anything, I think, I'm not really sure, I couldn't really hear or exacly understand what was going on around me.

I kept squeezing the small brunet in my arms for confort, he started to draw circles on my back with his hands, which helped me calm down a little.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I heard George say, "it's j-just a n-nightmare" I said with a trembling voice, "oh Dream, there's nothing to be worring about" the brunet said trying to reasure me.
"How long have you been dealing with this problem?" George asked softly, "for a bit" I said starting to calm down more.
"Why didn't you tell us?" He asked, "I was afraid you would make fun of me for it" I said tiredly, I think George noticed that because he then asked me if I wanted to go sleep, without saying anything about the nightmares again.

*George's pov:*

I was about to leave Dream's room, when I felt something pull my shirt, I turned around to see the blonde looking at me with droppy eyes "can you....stay", he sounded hesitant, "sure" I said looking into his eyes.
I was pulled down on the bed and under the covers.
Dream wrapped his arms around me, hugging me, this made me blush like crazy luckily it was dark so it wasn't really visible.

I had my head pressed against his chest, I could hear his heart beat, it was really calming, this helped calm my nerves and I slowly drift to sleep in the blonde's arms.

1034, pretty good I'd say.
As always I hope you enjoyed this short-story.