haunted house (part 2)

Here is the last part of this short-story.

I decided that to get out they have to find a key.

Also sorry if it's a little shorter than usual, but I seriously didn't know what else to write😫.

*No one's pov:*

They had finally decided to leave the room they were hiding in, but were stopped by the loud sound of slow footsteps. They kept getting closer and closer, Dream didn't really know where to hide, he did notice a small closet but he doubted the both of them would fit in there.
The brunet was too scared to care about that and turned to the tall blonde, quickly pushing him inside the small closet. He pushed himself against Dream, their bodies squeezed together (both their chests are facing eachother, don't think bad🤭).
George was too worried for his safety to notice the position they were in, while Dream could not stop blushing, hugging the older's small frame infront of him.

Soon the room's door opened wide, and someone walked in again with slow footsteps. It seemed to be exploring the room, but it didn't last long that whoever it was left.
The both of them took a sigh of reliefe, "fiuff, that was close" the brunet said, "yeah, I guess" the younger said still a little flustered from before's interaction, though luckily it was dark and George didn't really notice that.
"Well let's go find the key so we can finally leave this place" the blonde said, and the other just nodded.

The two boys left the room and started to walk through the hall, they then got to a decently big living room, they looked through it as quiet as possible but with no result.
Soon they encountered a pair of long stairs, not the best when you're in a rush.

*George's pov:*

We started climbing these old looking stairs, they were kinda noisy, though we tried our best to not make a sound, and I think we succeded as I didn't hear anyone of unpleasant coming close.

As we reached the top of the stairs I made sure to stick as close as possible to Dream, I defenetly didn't wanna end up alone in the dark.
Up the stairs there was a long hallway with only one door at the end of it, "it must be there" Dream said, "I hope so" I said back.
Dream reached for the door handle and slowly opened the door, luckily there was no one.
The room seemed to be some kind of small bedroom. We quickly started to look for the key.

*Timeskip:*

I looked under the bed and found a small box, "hey, I think I found something" I wispered to Dream, he quickly came to see, "that's where it probaly is" he said a little hesitant. I opened it and there was actually a key, and also a small folded note, I unfolded it, on it there was written 'behind you', I don't know why but that gave me the chills, I turned around and luckily there was no one "just us" I sighed, and Dream wrapped an arm around my shoulders "c'mon let's get going", I nodded.

We passed through the hallway again and slowly went down the stairs, me pratically glued to the blonde.
Then we started looking for the entrance, which was everything but easy as it was pretty dark.

Me and Dream kept on walking when we heard a loud sound of wood beeing stepped on, at first we just stayed in the position we were in, but then Dream decided to finally take a look at what it was, I heard him start to breathe heavier than before, "what's going on?" I whispered to him, he didn't answer me.
After a few seconds he took my hand "We gotta run!! Don't look back!!", and so we started running.

Even though what Dream said I slightly turned my head to see what was behind us, it was the clown from before, right then he started to run towards us.
I was frightened, I started to hyperventilate from fear, "keep it together we're almost there!" He said to me, probably to try to calm down, which I appreciated.

We finally got to a door that seemed to be the main one, the blonde pulled the key out, his hands a bit shaky and so he started to struggle to insert it, I looked back again, the clown was getting closer and my panic started to rise.
Luckily before it was too late Dream managed to open the door, pulling me outside with him and closing the door behind us.

As I was trying to process what had just happened I was pulled into a warm tight hug.
Knowing who it was I burried my face into Dream's chest, taking in his scent, making it easier for me to calm down, "I'm so glad we got out from there" I sighed relieved, "yeah, and I'm glad you're now safe" he said, making me blush, luckily he couldn't see me.

We stayed like that until we started ro hear laughters coming from distance, I turned around and saw Sapnap and Karl luaghing like idiots while walking towards us, "OMG....guys you should have seen your faces it was helarious!!!" Karl yelled luaghing, "yeah, and let's not talk about the kiss and the hugs, y'all were adorable!" Sapnap said also still laughing.

Dream and I looked at eachother, "let's steal their car and leave?" Dream asked, "absolutly" I said with a grin, "HEY WE HEARD YOU!!" Sapnap yelled, and we started to laugh as well.

The end

Hope you enjoyed it😁.