Chapter 2: Akira Tendou's Best Friend!

(A/N: The chapter of episode 2 won't happen because Akira Tendou would still end up going to get Beer nonetheless and meet Shizuka Mikazuki at the 7-Eleven convenience store while Mordred Pendragon and (Y/N) (L/N) stayed behind in the apartment where they were staying along with Akira. So let's jump straight to episode 3.)

-No One's P.O.V-

After staying in Mordred Pendragon's apartment for a few days and waiting for the government's response, but no announcement was made which made the three of you (Akira/(Y/N)/Mordred) feel hopeless that help isn't coming. That is when Akira Tendou asks you two to pack things up because he wants to help out his best friend known as Kenichirou Ryuuzaki or his nickname "Kenchou". At first, you and Mordred would not comply, but knowing that the government would not come and help if the two of you stayed behind. So, you and Mordred decided to help Akira rescue his best friend on the way while packing things up before leaving.

Right now, Akira Tendo rode on a motorcycle that he had grabbed when he was trying to ride back home after he got his bicycle run over by a trick and met an athlete girl at a convenience store. You and Mordred rode on the same motorcycle and followed Akira to another city which is called Shinjuku. Not to anyone's surprise, Shinjuku was already overrun by zombies.

(Y/N): Shit, this place is overrun now...

Mordred: Yeah. *Looks at Akira* Akira, you sure your friend is around here?

Akira: *Optimistic Smile* Yup! Let's get going so we wouldn't just lie down and die!

Akira then revs up his motorcycle while Mordred does the same and you held on at the backseat of the motorcycle.

While driving to the location where Kenichirou was, you had a small flashback before all of this...

-Flashback-

Back in Mordred's apartment, you began to ask Akira while packing your things up along with Mordred.

(Y/N): *Curious* Hey Akira, what was your friend like before?

Akira: Ah, Kenchou and I went through a lot together during our four years in the rugby club. Kenchou was a handsome, smooth talker. But despite being popular, he'd go all-out to be the life of the party. He was my closest friend, just like you two.

Mordred: *Nonchalant* We'll take that as a compliment, I suppose. What happened to him after college?

Akira: After college? Oh yeah, he became a big-time real estate agent after college. With his natural talent for communication, things were smooth sailing for him at his job. Meanwhile...My soul was getting crushed in the gears of an exploitative corporation. So I didn't have the patience to listen to other people's success stories.

(Y/N): I see. However, just because your friend is talented in communication, it doesn't always mean he's perfect for the job.

Akira: *Confused* Eh? How so?

(Y/N): I mean, it takes a lot of skills to manage your job outside your adult life after college. It can be pressured if you already have the skills to do so.

Akira paused about what you had just said until Mordred spoke up.

Mordred: (Y/N)'s right. Realistically, just because you think that you can succeed just because you have skills, life will still throw lemonades at you in many unexpected ways. However, we all do what it takes to survive so we can live in this place whether cruel or gentle.

Akira: That's kinda deep, you two. But...thanks for the advice.

(Y/N): You're welcome.

-Flashback End-