Chapter 7: Building a Tree House and meeting Akira's parents!

-No One's P.O.V-

After the hot springs, everyone are now almost arriving at Gunma.

Kenichirou: We're almost at Akira's hometown!

Beatrix: *Worry* I sure hope your parents are alright.

Akira: *Reassuring* They're fine. My parents wouldn't go down that easily!

Kenichirou: As your best friend, I have to introduce myself to them! I'll entertain them with a one-liner!

Mordred: *Teasing* As long as that one-liner of yours isn't that cringy.

Kenichirou: Shut up, Mordred!

Mordred let out a small chuckle upon hearing Kenichirou's reaction.

Mordred: I'm just teasin'~!

Shizuka: It's been three years since you visited your parents, right?

Akira: Huh?

Shiuzka: *Teasing* You're not nervous, are you?

Akira: *Sheepsihly* N-No! Not at all!

Deep down, Akira is actually nervous but also awkward as he thinks about how to talk to his parents, but...

(Y/N): Akira, up front!

You yelled which made Akira snap out of his senses as he pressed the brakes.

In front of everyone, the entrance tunnel was blocked by vehicles and barricades.

Akira: What's going on?

Mordred: Let's go check it out.

Both Akira and Mordred went to look ahead at the front entrance. To their shock, there were lots of undead through the dark tunnel.

Akira: Zombies.

Shizuka: Your village is past this tunnel, right?

Kenichirou: Could it be...?!

Beatrix: The villagers have...

(Y/N): Wait, we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Mordred, can you use Stone Free to reach the other side?

Mordred: *Nods* Got it.

Mordred then unleashed the blue threads coming out of her right hand from her index finger. Everyone couldn't see it except for you.

After waiting for a minute, Mordred then spoke up...

Mordred: I can feel something hard on the other side of my thread. There might've been a barricade from the other side.

Akira: *Worried* You sure?

Mordred: Positive. If we can't go through here, we could probably take another route.

Beatrix: And how do we do that?

Shizuka then spoke up from behind.

Shizuka: There's only one other way to continue. We'll cut through the forest and go over the mountain.