The Final Round of the Chunin Exams!

The night passed by quickly and Sakichi woke up bright and early, the boy too excited and nervous to get very much sleep. Sakichi got dressed and ate a light breakfast before heading out to meet Shiina Sensei at the training grounds. When Sakichi arrived, everyone was waiting for him. "Morning kicki." Akame smiled as Sakichi walked out onto the field. "Good morning -" he answered, making his way across the field to join his team. "Okay good we are all here now.. okay let's see...." Shiina Sensei began, pulling out a paper from her pocket and unfolding it. "Hmm
.. Hiro will be fighting against a Stone ninja- Botan Higanara. Akame will be facing a Mist Ninja- Ayaka Hoshi. Sakichi will be facing.." Her voice trailed off a bit. "Mitsuha." Sakichi flinched softly as she finished her sentence. "What? Why?" Mitsuha asked, the girl was confused as well.

"Well from my understanding, they have matched the individuals based on the skills shown thus far. I suppose they figured you two are at about the same skill level." Shiina Sensei explained briefly. Sakichi glanced over at Mitsuha to see the girl already glaring at him. "Don't expect me to go easy on you just because we are teammates." She crossed her arms and turned her face away from him. "Do what you please. Either way, I will win." Sakichi rebuttaled before shiina Sensei quickly interrupted. "Okay okay. The exams start soon. You all should head to the stadium before you're all late. I'll be there watching along with the rest of the Jonins. Good luck to all of you!" Shiina Sensei gave the 4 a hopeful smile.

The 4 made it to the arena shortly after and were instructed to line up on the field. Sakichi was surprised to see so many Shinobi surrounding them, all of them cheering on and calling out names. Sakichi searched around for his father and quickly found him sitting on a small platform with the new Mizukage. The boy wondered to himself if the Chunin Exams were just a way for the two villages to ensure peace between them for a few years. Suddenly the crowd grew louder, Sakichi returning his attention to the front of the arena as the proctor walked out. The man held up a hand to signal the audience to quiet down. "Welcome to the first Chunin Exams. It's an honor to be able to host the Exams here in the Land of Fire. And congratulations to all of the genins standing before me; having made it this far means that you all are already exceptional Shinobis for your age. Now the rules go as follows- the fights will be one on one. Last one standing wins unless one forfeits or an injury stops one of the genins from continuing to fight. I, myself, will step in and stop the fight if I feel it's unnecessary for the battle to continue at any point. Good luck to all of you. The first fight will be between Akame Uzumaki of the Leaf and Ayaka Hoshi of the Mist. Everyone else may now head off to the locker rooms until it's your turn to fight." The proctors voice echoed across the field.

Sakichi followed behind Hiro and Mitsuha to the locker rooms off to the side from the arena. "We aren't going to be able to watch? That's stupid.." one of the genins from the Stone village muttered as they walked off the field. The time spent in the locker room seemed unnerving to some of the genin. "I hope Akame will be okay." Mitsuha thought out loud. "She will. She spent a whole month training with Lady Tsunade. If she can handle Lady Tsunade, then trust me she will be fine." Sakichi reassured her. The three waited inpatiently for Akame to return.

About an hour had passed when Akame would finally return from the battle, the girl slightly roughed up from her fight. "Akame!" Sakichi called out as she walked in, quickly gaining the attention from Mitsuha and Hiro. "Hey, how'd it go?" Hiro chimed in after Sakichi. "It was good. I was nervous at first of course, but then I remembered all my hard training and had a lot of confidence in myself and I ended up winning!" Akame smiled brightly, genuinely proud of herself. The other genins in the room immediately started whispering among themselves. "Next up will be Maya Hozuki and Sasuzki Kururuki. Please follow me." A Jonin that had been ordered to watch over the genins in the locker room called out, instructing the next two genins to go out onto the field. Maya walked beside Sakichi and his team on her way out, the girl eyeing Sakichi. Hiro glared back at the golden eyed girl.