Chapter 21

Third Person's P. O. V:

When the dust clears, everyone stares in shock, except for Endymion, when they see the two S-class mages on the ground, unconscious, and a massive crater formed between them, the buildings around them having some damage done to them too.

"Whoa," Wendy breathes, hands to her mouth in fear for her friends.

"That much damage..." Gray murmurs as Rogue starts running towards his mate.

"Erza, hey! Are you okay?" Natsu asks as he and Lucy race over to her. Natsu helps Erza up, letting her lean against him, as her eyes peel open.

Rogue stops short when Hope starts regaining consciousness as well, her eyes fluttering open as she pulls herself to her feet.

"I'm alright, but..." Erza trails off as sue and the others stare at Hope, now on her feet and brushing dust off her arms.

"She survived that direct attack," Says Alec in immense relief.

"So this is what would've happened if the Master hadn't intervened," Murmurs Lucy.

"There's not a scratch on her," Says Sting in stunned disbelief.

"Just how crazy strong is she?" Lector demands to know. Laughter gains all of their attention. Natsu glares daggers at the demigod.

"It's wonderful, isn't it? I'd say it's most likely due to her entire body being made out of ethernano when she activates her Ether Form. With such a power at my side, I'll be unstoppable!"

"Let her go!" Rogue roars furiously, activating his Dragon Force Mode. His black hair grows spikier, and black scales are decorating his face and arms. Rogue gets into a crouch with one hand on the ground as Endymion gives him a bored expression. "Shadow Dragon Roar!"

Shadows burst from his mouth in a torrent, enhanced by his Dragon Force. To Rogue's annoyance, Endymion simply activates his shield to block the attack.

"Hope," Says the Magecrown boredom. "Kill him first."

Rogue's eyes jerk wide as Hope turns on him, ether covering her fists. He dances back to avoid being punched by them as Hope runs for Rogue, swinging her fists for his face.

Meanwhile, Natsu and the others engage the demigod, and Erza feels like he's merely playing with them.

"Ether Bolt," Says Hope, shooting one for Rogue. He grunts when it hits his shoulder, knocking him back.

"Hope, stop this," Rogue begs, dodging another punch. "I don't wanna hurt you."

He continues to dodge Hope's attacks until he finally turns into shadow and manages to slither behind her, before materialising once more.

Before Hope could punch him, Rogue grabs one wrist and wraps his arm around her chest, preventing her rom attack in.

Hope grunts as she struggles against the Sabertooth mage, but he holds his ground.

"Hope, listen to me!" The black haired man begs, tightening his grip on her. "I know you're in there, and I sure as hell know you don't want to fight us. I can feel it through our mate bond—that bond that connects the Dragon Slayer to their mate. Do you remember when I gave it to you?"

Hope stops her struggling as she seems to actually think back to that night, enveloped by the Shadow Dragon Slayer as he bit into her neck and gave Hope his mate mark, connecting their souls together.

Rogue pours all of his emotions into her mate mark, praying she'd feel just how much he cares about her and trusts her.

It seems to be enough for Hope lets out a sharp gasp and her Ether Form disappears. She slumps against Rogue for a moment, and he helps hold her up, both arms around her waist.

Slowly, feeling that Sue won't attack him, the Cheney removes his arms and watches as Hope slowly turns to him. Rogue sees guilt in her eyes as she looks ready to cry.

"Rogue, I am so, so so—" She begins, only to be cut off by Rogue as he gently cups her cheek.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm not mad at you," He tells her gently. "I'm just really glad you're back with us, My Hope."

They smoke at each other and move in to kiss, well aware of the Fairy Tail and Sabertooth wizards watching them, smiling.

"It looks like Rogue did it," Says Erza in immense relief, sword gripped in hand.

Endymion's red orbs narrow dangerously as he watches the two about to kiss.

"Heh! Looks like you don't have a puppet anymore," Natsu says, punching his palm.

With a hiss, Endymion says, throwing out his staff, "Magic Ray."

"Look out!" Gray yells warningly, causing Hope and Rogue to jerk apart.

With a gasp, the Foster whirls around and swipes her arm down. A broad rectangular shield forms and it reflects the magic attack. Endymion angrily fires more but they're reflected.

Hope Grunts, glancing to a stunned Rogue, "Can't take too many of these."

Rogue snaps himself out of it and turns into shadow before slithering at speed for the demigod.

He manages to swiftly wrap himself around Endymion and says, "Shadow Dragon Waxwing Attack!" With a thrust of his hands, Rogue sends the Magecrown flying.

Endymion hits the ground with a grunt and Hope flies over after dropping her shield. She fires several blasts of ether at Endymion, and he rolls out of the way.

"I'll teach you to turn me into a mindless puppet and use against my own friends, you old geezer!" Hope says angrily. She sees that he's now in front of a building. Hope holds up her hand to it. "Eteria Morbulous."

Endymion looks up and manages to cast his Portal spell in time, before reappearing begins Hope.

"Magic Arrow!" Endymion fires an arrow of blue ethernano and it heads for the ether mage. She blocks it with her shield. "Rune Magic: Berkano!"

Endymion's staff glows and vines shoot out of the earth. They lunge for Hope but she flies up just in time.

Hope thrusts twin beams of ether at the white haired man and he goes flying back from an explosion.

"Alright! She's beating him!" Sting cheers, fist clenched.

"Sh-Shouldn't we help her?" Asks Wendy as she watches Endymion engage Hope in hand to hand combat.

"I think if we get in her way, we couod probably get hurt and make her feel even more guilty," Says Rogue, knowing how she feels from the mate mark.

They watch in surprise as Endymion makes close contact with Hope and she starts to slow down. The longer they fight, the slower and weaker Hope appears to be.

Gray mutters, "Is it my imagination or is Endymion getting stronger?"

"No, Hope's getting weaker," Agrees Erza wearily. "But how...?"

With a final punch, Endymion sends Hope to the ground with a cry. Her Ether Form fades much to her shock.

"What did you do to me?" She demands, glaring at her opponent.

"I've merely weakened you by saying that rune in reverse. And now... Lifestream Magic... Shock." Hope's eyes widen when he suddenly grabs her arm and flows Magic power into her.

"Hope!" The boys scream worriedly.

Endymion at last releases her and she lays there, seemingly unable to move.

"And now, I shall make you mine again," Breathes the demigod, readying his staff.

"Shadow Dragon Roar!" Rogue shouts, knocking the demigod away from his mate. He gets protectively in front of her. "I won't let you!"