Chapter 1

You threw the rock as hard as you could through the summer air and watched as the small stone skipped multiple times across the water, causing ripples in its path. Smiling, you leaned back against the tree you sat near as you watched it finally stop in its trajectory, falling into the water and sinking to the bottom of the lake. You sighed, kicking your bare feet through the shallows of the lake and rejoicing in the feeling of cold water splashing against your skin.

It was a beautiful day, but that wasn't unusual. It almost always was at the lake. The area was never cloudy or rainy or cold, or unpleasant in any way for some reason. Or at least, it never was when you were here. The sun always shone brightly and the water was always clear. There were barely even any signs of life except the occasional fish or bird. It was almost magical, and that's why you liked coming here so much. It was a reprieve from the chaos of life, from any sort of craziness going on in your family or on the news. It was peaceful, and it was quiet too. Almost too quiet today, actually.

You picked up another stone, ready to cast it into the water and see how far it could go, but your thoughts were interrupted by a bright golden light coming from the middle of the lake, shining high into the sky and causing an eruption of water. You scrambled to your feet and stared on in shock as the light slowly faded away. What...what was that? In the place where the light had come from stood a purple cloaked figure, holding a large blue...was that a gun!? Why did this guy have a gun!? He cursed to himself and turned around, and you were surprised to see a young boy with square-rimmed glasses. You stared in shock. You didn't expect this intimidating cape gun guy from a laser lake to be so...young. He looked the same age as you! But that wasn't what shocked you so much.

The boy had grey skin and zigzagged horns that looked like they were made of candy corn. His eyes were a sickly yellow and his teeth were sharp. Whatever he was, he definitely wasn't human...

"Wwhere the fuck are those shitty angels!?" He grumbled, looking up at the sky. He narrowed his eyes and used an arm to shield himself from the sun. "Wwhat...? This isn't LOWWAA! Wwhere the fuck am I!?" At this point, he looked away and his eyes landed on you instead.

He stared with wide eyes before glaring angrily. "Hey, landwweller! You better explain wwhere I am or you'll get an ass full a harpoon!" He snarled, lifting up his weapon....and promptly dropping it. "Fuck... Stupid gun wwhy do you havve to be so goddamn heavvy!?" He growled, searching the shallow waters for his blue harpoon gun looking thing. You couldn't help but chuckle a bit, earning a glare from him. Finally, he found it and lifted it up again with both hands. "There wwe go... Noww, tell me wwhere I am!" He repeated.

You shrugged. "A lake in Florida? On planet Earth?" You offered, not knowing what else to say. "Where are you supposed to be?"

"First a all, I don't evven knoww wwhere that is. Second a all, I'm supposed to be on The Land of Wwrath and Angels but apparently that's nowwhere near here. This doesn't evven look like SGRUB. Damnit, I kneww I shouldn't a gone through that portal lookin thing... Luckily it's just underneath the water so I can get back easily." He kicked his foot and the glow came back before quickly disappearing once again."Anywways," He continued, rolling his eyes. "I'm Eridan Ampora. Descendant of The Orphaner Dualscar, vvioletblood, royalty, better than you, that kinda thing."

"I'm Y/N, descendent of M/N and D/N, redblood, not royalty, not really better than anyone, that kind of thing." You joked back.

Eridan smiled. "Wwell nice ta meetcha then, Y/N. I may pop in and out when I'm not slaughterin angels or plottin genocide."

"Good to know." You grinned as well.

He nodded before suddenly diving back into the water. The glow came back full force and faded away after a few seconds, and then he was gone, leaving nothing but some ripples in the normally calm waters. You wondered briefly if you had imagined all that, and then shrugged and started walking home. Whatever the case, you had probably made a friend. And he was probably going to come back. And suddenly, you were feeling hopeful for the next day's events for the first time in a long time .