Epilogue

"Wwhat the fuck are you doin?" Eridan asked in confusion.

You smiled as you held your phone up in front of the two of you. With a smile, you pressed the camera button and grinned when you heard the click of the picture being taken. You lowered you phone and looked at the picture, giggling a bit when you saw Eridan's confused face in it. "Just taking a picture of us." You explained, showing him.

He narrowed his eyes at it. "I look awwful... Let's take it again."

You held your phone away from him and stuck out your tongue. "Nuh uh. First times the charm."

"That's not evven howw that sayin goes." The seadweller said, rolling his eyes.

"Well I don't care." You told him with a smirk before looking back at the phone in your hand. You quickly made it your wallpaper, despite Eridan's complaints about how his hair was messed up. He looked fine anyways. He always did.

You looked at your screen happily, staring into Eridan's gorgeous milky white eyes.

Wait...milky white? Weren't they yellow?

You felt a strange nagging sensation in the back of your mind, almost like you had forgotten something important. Everything suddenly seemed wrong. The confused look your matesprit had given you now looked...sad, and there was colorful splatter on his black sweater that you swore hadn't been there before.

Your hand began to shake and suddenly you dropped your phone onto the ground. A hand reached out and rested on your shoulder. "This...isn't real, is it?" You asked.

"No." Came Eridan's reply, sounding sorrowful.

You turned around and, sure enough, white eyes stared back at you. There was a wetness on your cheeks. Reaching up your hand to touch it, you realized you were crying. Everything came to you, slowly and out of order like an almost forgotten dream. All at once, you were crying and the troll had his arms wrapped around you in a tight embrace.

"I don't want you to leave again." You pleaded through the sobs.

"I havve to. I'm sorry." He replied, his voice almost a whisper. He was crying too.

"Will I be able to see you sometime?" You asked.

"Probably not. It took so long to evven find this bubble. And...I don't wwant you to be all hung up ovver me. You havve to movve on one day. I wwant you to be happy again." Eridan pulled away, streaks of purple on his face.

"I can't just let you go like that." You told him, closing your eyes.

There were lips pressed against yours. "You havve to." He whispered through the kiss.

When he stepped back, the familiar surroundings of the lake were gone, replaced by a bubble-like area. There were three trolls standing a while away.

"Come on ED. Say goodbye to your matesprit and let's go." A troll with two pairs of horns and a yellow gemini sign on his shirt said. You noticed that one eye was white and the other was...gone.

Eridan rolled his eyes in response. "I'm comin, Sol. Just...hold on for a bit." He said irritatedly before turning back to you. "I...havve to go."

You wanted to plead with him not to leave, but after a glance at the trolls behind him, you realized that he would be fine without you. Whatever had happened on the meteor, he'd been forgiven, and he was happy. So instead, you gave him a smile and a nod.

He smiled back, and that smile made everything okay again. As the seadweller walked away, back to his friends, the bubble faded out and you opened your eyes.

You were laying in bed, your room dark and a pillow clutched tightly in your arms. The only light came from the screen of your computer, which was opened up to an old Pesterchum chat. You slid out of bed, walked to the computer, and reread Eridan's last words for the hundredth time.

"Move on." You read aloud quietly. How could you even do that? You sat there, pondering his words, before moving the mouse and clicking the delete icon on the saved chat. It was silent. You got up again and walked to your bed, laying down and covering yourself with a blanket once again.

A/N: Yay!!! It's over and I broke all your hearts! I hope you all enjoyed! Remember to fav, comment, whatever. I love you all for sticking with me all this time and sorry I ended it this way.

...

Nah, I'm not sorry. >:) *maniacal laughter*