Chapter 13

You walked to the lake. You didn't know why. It wasn't like he would be there. The lake was a part of your routine though. A part of your life. Despite the sad memories, the lake was a beautiful place where you felt safe. Where you could think. Where you could cry. It had been about 1 and a half years since you got Eridan's last messages. On that day, you couldn't stop sobbing and you never told your parents why. Not that they'd believe you anyways. You read over those messages a lot, although you still didn't know entirely what had transpired on the meteor. You never found out what had happened to him, but you hadn't heard from him since. You hoped that he was okay.

Your phone went off with a soft ding. A Pesterchum alert? Who could that be? You took out your phone to check the message and almost dropped it out of shock.

Meanwhile...

Karkat walked through the  long gray hall. They were about halfway to this "Alpha Timeline" and so far the trip had been pretty uneventful. Occasionally they would pass through a dream bubble or two, but so far the journey had mostly been boring. He and Dave would watch a movie together and sometimes he would help the mayor with his can town, but not much else. The meteor was pretty empty without all the others and Karkat found himself walking around a lot and exploring the rooms. Sometimes, he'd stumble upon something that belonged to one of his dead friends. Usually, that ended with him sitting there and looking at whatever the object was, wallowing in regret and self-hatred, but this time was different.

The mutant entered the lab and immediately saw the the white sunglasses with the Aquarius symbol on the counter. Those were Eridan's. He remembered that the seadweller wore them around lot, especially after his computer exploded. He had always joked that they made him look like a douche, and then he'd say, "Wait, that's what you look like all the time!" Karkat chuckled at the memory before sighing sadly and picking up the glasses, examining them. He always wondered why his friend was always wearing them. They didn't have much use except for accessing Trollian, but who could he have even been talking to?

To his surprise, he realized that the glasses were still on and opened to a chat with...P/H? Who the fuck was that? Whoever it was, they were online and had apparently been talking with Eridan for a while now. He put on the shades and spoke.

CA: wwho in the fuck are you

PH: Eridan!?

CA: huh

CA: wait

CA: fuck

CA: hold up

Karkat facepalmed. He had forgotten to log out of Eridan's account and into his.

CG: THERE WE GO.

CG: NOW, AS I WAS SAYING

CG: WHO IN THE FUCK ARE YOU?

PH: Wait, who are you? Why were you on Eridan's account?

CG: I ASKED YOU FIRST, PISSCOUCH.

PH: Uh...I'm Y/N.

CG: ...

CG: I LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHO YOU ARE.

CG: ARE YOU A HUMAN? YOU'RE USING THAT GODFORSAKEN PESTERING APP.

PH: Yeah, I am. I'm guessing you're a troll then. One of Eridan's friends, right?

PH: Kar?

CG: HOW IN THE SHITCOVERED FUCKBLAZES DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?

PH: Eridan talks about you a lot.

PH: I figured that was who you are since you have gray text, talk in all caps, and have very...creative curses.