Gardening and Puns (Hidden Videos Part 4)

You and Wally are at Frank's garden, helping Frank to plant some flowers. As you plant some flowers, something catches your interest and you ask Frank, which Frank happily willing to answer your question. Your face is filled with awe as he shares his knowledge with you.

"These sorts of flowers, though they appear blue, don't actually have any blue pigmentation," Frank explained, "they have to grow in soil that is basic as well, so the pine straw should be left for the other beds-"

"You're telling me that those flowers are liars, Franky?" Barnaby asked, interrupting Frank's explanation and causing Frank to let out an exasperated sigh.

Frank turns his head to Barnaby, "I am not telling you that these flowers are liars, Barnaby. I'm explaining to [NAME] about how these flowers are specially selected to look this way."

You wave at Barnaby with a smile, and Barnaby waves back.Barnaby walks up closer to examine the flowers, then looks at Frank, "eh, bein' blue isn't anything special, pal. Don't ya know that blue is all the rage nowadays?"

"It is?" you asked, looking at Barnaby, which Barnaby nodded his head.

"I don't think that people are painting themselves blue, frankly," Frank said sounding a bit annoyed, "are you saying your fur color isn't natural?"

"I beg your pardon!" Barnaby said, pretending to be offended by Frank's insult comment, "I am a natural beauty as far as you know!"

"I think you all have natural beauty in your own way," you commented.

"I doubt you're any sort of beagle," Frank said, "I've never seen any blue dog before in my life! Now if you don't mind we'd like to continue tending to my flowers in peace."

"You're gonna have to do more than tend to 'em if you want 'em to grow up nice and big," Barnaby commented, "you know what they say, you gotta entertain your plants to make 'em happy."

'Oh boy, he's going to ruffle Frank up soon with his puns.'

Frank looks down at the flowers rubbing his chin, "that's true..." Frank shakes his head, "but I am not going to let your snappy patter poison my petunias! I'd hardly call your material entertaining, much less fertilizer."

"Oh, don't you worry, Frank!" Barnaby reassured, "the last thing I'll do is overwhelm your orchids. Your plants all seem to clover it!"

'He done it!" you thought to yourself as you try your best not to laugh while Frank groans (and Wally chilling in the background zoning out).

"Not with these puns again!" Frank groaned, causing Barnaby to smirk, "you're going to make all of my hard work wilt! Your humor is too dry for my impatience!"

"You're encouraging him," you muttered.

"Hey, hey! Not a daisy goes by where you don't get impatient," Barnaby said patting Frank in the back, "but hey, I'm just pollen your leg!"

You burst out laughing while Frank's head spins as he groans.

"Will you just get out here!" Frank said, trying to shoo Barnaby away, "my plants don't need your ridiculous jokes to grow. Go find an audience for your silly gags somewhere else!"

"Well, [NAME] is my audience," Barnaby said backing away, "but alright, alright I'll grow." You laugh at Barnaby's comment while Frank's head spins like a merry-go-around. "But every dogwood has his day, I'll still poppy in from time to time, even if you're still rough around the hedges!" Barnaby said as he walked away, leaving you laughing and Frank aggravated (and his head is still spinning).

It takes you a couple of minutes to quiet down while Frank is trying to calm himself down, but still annoyed with Barnaby's jokes.

"Honestly with him!" Frank grumbled, "I don't know how you can stand to be around him, [NAME] and Wally."

Wally snaps out of his thoughts causing you to turn your head to Wally's direction. You forgot that Wally was with you.