Moving In

You set your boxes down and unpack most of your stuff in your room. It's not completely close to finishing, but it's getting there. Your mom walks in your room, "[NAME], your father and I are going to grab something for lunch, do you want anything from [insert fast food restaurant]?"

"Yes, I would like [insert food]," you respond.

"Okay, while we're away, maybe you should go out and meet your new neighbors. I was told that there are friendly neighbors, and you will have a great time with them. Just be safe," your mom said.

"Okay," you said, even though you don't really have the intention to make new friends at the moment. You still miss your friends back in [insert State/City/Country].

"Alright, be back at 1pm," your mom said, before she walks toward the door.

You nod your head and watch her leave. You look around in your house and look through the boxes, trying to find your gameboy. Unfortunately, you can't find your gameboy and you're getting bored. With little to no choice, you decide to leave your house, and lock the door. Your parents trust that you're responsible, even though you're just a kid, but you're a good kid. Even though you did some mischievous thing behind your parent's back and sometimes got away with it.

You walk down a couple of blocks to explore your new neighborhood, until you see something that caught your interest. You walk up to a butterfly, a colorful butterfly that you have never seen before. It was beautiful, you wish that you had a camera on you, which it's somewhere in the box along with your gameboy.

The butterfly flies off, which you chase it trying to catch. You hop, skip and jump while you're chasing a butterfly only to walk into an unfamiliar world, but so colorful. Your eyes are widened with awe. You want to check it out, but you're not sure if you should be away from home. You turn your head to the place where you came from then turn your head back to the neighborhood.

'It's only a few blocks away, I'm not that far from home!'  you thought to yourself, '...and my mom told me to meet some neighbors.'

You walk to the neighborhood, the first thing you see is a store called Howdy's Place. You notice that it says 100% off on the window and there are fruits outside.

"Sweet, free snacks," you said, walking up to grab an apple. You're about to take a bite of an apple until you hear the door open.

"Wally, you better not steal my apple," the giant caterpillar said as he walks out of the store, "I swear, I'll-" he stops, looking at you.

You stare at him as you slowly place the apple back, you're not sure if you should run or talk to the giant caterpillar.

"Hello kid! You must be the new neighbor!" he said with a friendly smile, "my name is Howdy."

"Nice to meet you Howdy, I'm [NAME]," you replied before you held your hand out for him to shake.

"Nice to meet you too," Howdy said, smiling. "Since you're a new neighbor, you can take an apple for today. Just don't sneak some for Wally, sometimes Wally likes to steal whenever I'm not looking."

You turn your head sideways looking a bit puzzled, "who's Wally?"

"Wally is one of the neighbors who lives here and he's friends with one of my loyal customers," Howdy explained.

"I see, who else lives here beside Wally and your loyal customer?" you asked.

"Oh, there's Sally, Poppy, Frank, Julie, Home and Eddie," Howdy said, listing the neighbors off.

"I should go and meet them," you said, "have a good day Howdy!"

"Have a good day [NAME] and if you need anythin', don't hesitate to stop by my shop!" Howdy said as you walked away.