Chapter 2

I felt so bad. I was so demotivated. I just wanted to sink in my bed and never come back. I was crying night and day over that stupid man. I really thought it would last longer this time...

His name and his face turned in my mind, I couldn't not forget him, even though I really wanted to. I tried everything, even yoga on youtube to get rid of his image. Nothing changed. 3 days I was in my room, barely going out.

I jumped when I heard a knock on my door. I knew it was Katrina. We had a Morse signal when she wanted to enter, so I knew it wasn't my parents coming. She opened the door, but not too much, just as to be able to pass her head.

"Hi Amalia," her soft tone always impresses me. Even more when you know how loud she can scream, when she's angry. "I made your favourite chocolate cake, if you want. And Emma is downstairs, if you want to see her."

"Thank you," I whispered. Katrina is taking care of me so well, she puts me before anything else, even her best friends, her band or her job. She's an amazing sister. "I'm not really... I look such a sight," I sighed, glancing at my mirror.

"Take a few minutes to wash your face and brush your hair, if you need to. But you know that Emma doesn't care about that. She's truly worried for you."

I nodded. Katrina closed the door, leaving me alone. I sat in front of my dressing table, and started to brush my hair. What a mess...

***

"Hi Emma, sorry for not telling you," I took her in a hug. She tightened our hug; it felt really nice.

Emma was, to simplify, my best friend. But I don't call her like that; I don't like the appellation; but she does the same. We knew each other for 4 years now, and she was really a blessing for me. She's a wonderful girl, so intelligent, creative... She is the stereotype of the perfect girl.

"I missed you girl. Katrina told me what happened, I'm so sorry..."

"I should have noticed before. It's over now, let's talk about something else, hum?" I asked, smiling, a bit falsely.

"Sure! Oh first, today's lessons and homework, I asked a girl in your class..." She searched in her totebag, and handed me a folder full of paper. I sighed mentally. I'm so happy to get rid of school in 2 weeks, after the philosophy final...

In September I will attend a prestigious ballet class in Milano, so I'm quite excited. And I'll never have anything to learn in French anymore.

Spending time with Emma was really refreshing. I escaped for an hour my melancholy. When she left me, I felt ready to come back to school.

***

That was a terrible idea.

I deeply regret feeling okay yesterday. Now that I'm in class, it's way more difficult. When I first arrived in class, everybody was looking at me. I hadn't any support, Emma is not in the same high school than me. I was completely alone. Glurping, I sat down, on the first row, just in front of the teacher's desk.

I succeeded avoiding him during all the day. But now it was ballet practice, and he was my partner. I was doing my warm-up in a corner, alone. We brought the barre for the first exercises, and when we were warm, our teacher wanted us to do a full rehearsal of the representation.

We had to dance for an event on the beginning of July, to promote classical ballet to younger children from all class. It was a really nice idea, but suddenly, I was not feeling it.

I was the "main" dancer of our show, and so I had to work really hard. At the end of each practice sessions, my feet hurt like hell. But that's part of the job.

It was the final porté. We said nothing to each other; Antoine's face was blank. And I don't know why, but it hurt me more than it should. Come on Amalia, it's over now, it's over...

I packed my things, while our professor was doing a small summary and listed things we needed to work on.

"Yeah and coordination on the entrance of the girls... Amalia and Antoine, it was great, nothing to say, but compared to last time it lacked of emotions. Please try to put some energy next time. That's it. See you on Thursday!"

I silently nodded to our teacher. I don't know if I can follow his lead. That seems impossible. I exited our practice room, my bag on the back. I had my airpods on, but someone tapped on my shoulder. My fake smile dropped when I saw Antoine. And then anger came back.

"I thought you wouldn't want me to speak to you, Antoine." My tone was harsh, I must sound like a Karen.

"I figured out we need to talk until we finish school and this show. Just wanted to say that you really need to put a smile on your stupid face."

"I'll do the bare minimum. I don't want to look like your presence is enjoyable. Because it's not." I pushed him a bit farther, since I found him to close to me. "Now you'll excuse me, I have homework to do."

I walked away, not letting him time to speak. I went in the study room in the boarding school, since we couldn't go straight to our room (I hate this rule, seriously, it's torture), and texted Katrina and Emma in our group chat.

Me

Antoine is seriously getting on my nerves

Any advice?

Katty

I can deal with him

My shovel is always ready and there's still place in the backyard

Emmy

I can help too!

I read about the best way to hide a body

Me

That's creepy girls

Katty

Fight

You remember the techniques I showed you?

Me

Yeah Yeah

That's not the type of advice I wanted

Anyway

I sighed. I never really liked school, and even less boarding school, but now I hate it. It is a negative place, filled with negative people, and bad vibe. Yuck.

Two weeks to go like this. Yay.

Amalia_Blum

Amalia_Blum practice practice practice practice!!!!

Liked by lovely_Emma and 29 others