Chapter 10

It's beginning of spring now. Mid terms were passed, now only the final exam at the end of the year. So I'm pretty chill for now.

Still, I got classes, and new choreography to learn quickly. It was exhausting but I'm really pleased with the school. At first, everybody seemed quite harsh, but I discovered that it was just on the outside and most of them were really cool.

This time school ended pretty late, and it was already night when I was coming back home. But I stopped for a moment, looking at my screen.

"Hi Jure!" I exclaimed, happy. Weird, cause usually he waits for me to call, but I like him taking initiatives.

"Hi love," I swear I can hear his smile. "Home already?"

"Not yet, classes ended late today."

"Oh right, do you want me to call back later?"

"No no no!" I said quickly. "I'm reassured when I hear you. Anyway, what is this call for?"

"You remember I told you we were releasing a single with the help of Katrina?"

"The Ngvot sequel?"

"No, not this one, the other we made after!"

"Oh yes, I remember. And?"

"So we're planning to do a video..."

"YES!" I nearly jumped in the street; people must have seen me as a hysterical girl. Well, they're not totally wrong in this case. I heard him laugh; one of the most beautiful sound in the world.

Woa. I'm really really in love to think things like that. If my 10 years old self saw me right now, she would be disgusted.

"I didn't even tell you!" He exclaimed, still laughing. "But yeah, we need a ballerina, so naturally I thought of you."

"I'll be available whenever you need!!"

"I'll give your number to Mark, okay? I call you back tonight, love you Lia."

"Love you too, Jurček!"

***

So this is the BIG day. I'm speaking just like I'm being married. Well, not yet. It's just the video shoot. But I'm really excited.

I rehearsed the choreography Mark sent me. He explained me a lot of things about the project, but told me he would further explain when I would be there. So I jumped off the train and called a taxi, directly going to the shooting spot.

I was there half an hour later. From the outside, it was not very impressive. Guess I'll be surprised when I'll enter. I pushed the door open, admiring the décor they made.

"I'm here!" I shouted, not seeing anyone.

"Amalia?"

I turned over the person who called my name. I didn't recognize her, but just like that she seemed genuinely nice.

"Hi, I'm Nat', I help Mark for this shooting. Can I lead you to the guys?"

"Hi, yes thanks!"

I followed her through the corridors. I didn't realise the building was that big. I wonder how the guys found it.

Nat opened a door, leading apparently to a set. I really had the feeling to be on the backstage, or in the behind the scenes you can sometimes see about series or films. It seemed weird, not gonna lie, to be on the other side. But I think I'll really enjoy this experience.

I saw the guys, all siting in circle, with Mark in the middle, a paper in his hand. They were like good pupils, closely listening to their teacher. I don't know why it made me laugh. Even if I try, I can't picture them as serious students. Especially not Jure.

My laugh made them turn, and when they saw me, I saw big smiles forming on their lips. I advanced faster, passing Nat.

"Hi guys! I'm so happy to see you all!"

I hugged each one of them, and sat next to Jure, who brought a new chair for me.

"So Amalia, I was explaining the scenes where you appear. On the introduction, you'll be on the stage over there," he pointed behind him. I looked up; it looked like an opera in the old time. I knew all the décor was fake but I was really impressed by the realism of the thing. "Then they'll try to manipulate you, like a doll." I nodded, imagining the scene. "You resist for a time, but at the end your totally soulless."

"I can picture this." I said, smiling. Never did that, and never acted, but I feel the character already.

We had not a lot of time, and as we got only 2 days of shooting, we cannot lose time. The guys went to put their clothes, as I was going to put my tutu and pointes; then doing my warm up.

"Ready?" Mark shouted.

"I am!"

Lights went off for a second while I prepared on the stage. I heard the '1...2...3... Action!', and the famous soundtrack from the Nutcracker started to play in the room. I loved the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy already when I was a child, that's why I proposed this to Mark for the intro. Anyways, the shot in the final video is not gonna last long.

But I give all my heart to it.

We changed the place of the camera. In the middle of my performance, I'm called; I must turn my head. The boys are here. The demons are here. I try to fight, to dance harder; like in the film Black Swan; at least I feel like that. But I cannot resist the calling.

Turn by turn, the boys cast spell on me. They seem to be here and, at the same time not. The final cut will be very psychedelic. For a time, the atmosphere is more 'shagadelic', with all the coloured lights, as the chorus comes back again.

And then, the outro; the Nutcracker comes back again, I lost all life in my eyes, I smile mechanically, dance without goal, and the demons were laughing and smiling.

Woa. Going back in me, leaving the character, is harder than I thought. I was really in another world while filming this.

"This was incredible guys!" I exclaimed. "I loved it all! And you are really good actors, by the way," I smiled.

"And you were spectacular too," said Nace. "I mean, when I looked at you in the video I was really impressed."

"I'm not ready to share yet guys!" Exclaimed Jure, making all of us laugh.

"But how do you do so much... so much... how do you call that?" asked Kris, while spinning his hand. I titled my head.

"Oh you mean pirouettes?"

"Yes!"

"Well I train since I'm 5, and on pointe since I'm 12; I don't really know how I do it, I just know... Isn't very clear, is it?" I smiled awkwardly.

"Just show me how to do it."

"Yes Kris, go and wear a tutu too!" I swear Bojan was waiting to say that.

"If you want Bojan I have one at your size!" I went on pointe to be a bit taller compared to Kris (I don't know how Katrina does – she's not much taller than me. How does she even kiss him??) "You have to give an impulse with your strongest leg."

"I don't do it on pointe?"

"I know you like to be tall-"He laughed at my expression. "But men don't go on pointe, you know."

"I'll do it like you."

And so I spent nearly half an hour explaining the 5 men – because after Kris they all wanted to do pirouettes – teaching them a bit of dance. I must say, the photo I took this day are collector.

Now I just wait for them to do a pirouette on stage in front of their fans.

Hi! How are you?

Finally publishing a bit! I'm crowling under homework... How's school going?

Hope you're good <3

Love!