Chapter 15

Amalia's Point of View

We stayed in hospital for a week. Overcoming the illness had not been easy, but I was growing stronger every day.

Niko was better too. He is now like any other baby. Always eating, and crying at 2 in the morning. But he is cute, and I love him so much.

Fortunately, Jure was amazing. In everything. He's such a great dad, honestly. He took care of everything while I couldn't walk. I feel they already have a special link. Every time Jure speaks, Niko turns his head over him, looking with his big eyes open. He does that only for him. That's also with him he had his first laugh, when Jure made him 'fly', lifting him up.

He's growing here peacefully.

His uncles are head over heels for him. They would literally stop everything they're doing to take him in their arms and play. Once they had an interview; they made the woman pause in the middle of her sentence just to show his cute face to the camera – that part was later cut, we don't really want him to be on the media for now.

Another time, when we had no choice but to take him at a concert – the babysitter was sick, and I wouldn't risk him being too – the fans saw us backstage. Seeing them wave, he did it back. Since then, after nearly each concert, Jure comes back with plushies and baby thing baby boos made for him.

Niko made his first steps with Kris and Jan. They were so cute! They always were by his side, ready to catch him if needed. They looked so proud; nearly as if he were their son too.

From very early, we spoke to him in many languages. Me, of course, mainly English and German; with Jure Slovenian, with Katrina and Kris Dutch, and with Bojan Serbian. When he really started to speak, he would confuse everything, and we had to confer about what he just said. In fact, it had sense and the sentence was correctly made, but with one word in each language.

"Jaz... wil... sada... spielen!" It would often look like this. Eventually, he figured out and started to speak one language at the time. But that was pretty funny to hear.

Jure and him were so close! They were doing everything together. They had 'boys secret', as they told me. Once, I came back early from ballet, and I heard them in the kitchen.

"The cake is nearly finished!" Niko said in Slovene, with his usual joyful tone.

"Yes! Mama will be happy," Jure answered, washing all the eggs he did not succeed to put in the bowl.

"Did you buy her flower?" He asked.

"No, I should?"

"Yes. Aunty Kat said girls love flowers. Mama's a girl, so she loves flowers."

"Smart thinking." Jure chuckled. "We'll buy that when the cake is ready, okay?"

"Okay!"

I laughed quietly, and went out our flat, not wanting to spoil their surprise. It was their boys time after all.

Time passed and he grew. He had a cousin now. He's taking care of her like he was her older brother. He always has been caring, anyway. Either for me or for Jure; or his uncles and specially his aunty Kat. He was always the first to notice when we were sick, or upset. But now he has someone younger, who he can really take care of, he's even more happy and loving.

He's like a mini version of his father.

He likes to climb random things as much as him.

"Niko! Niko, for your mother's sake you should come down!" Jure shouts from the bottom of the tree.

"But papa, I can see the end of the world here!" He puts his hand above his eyes, like a marine would do on a boat, seeing a piece of land. "It's beautiful, mama!" he said to me in English.

Jure's eyes met mine. I smiled. He climbed first, and helped me to follow him. We settled next to our son, on a big branch. I laid down my head on Jure's shoulder, he held me closer; and grabbed Niko's hand.

I felt like time had stopped. I'm here, between my dear son and the love of my life, in front of the most magnificent sky I've seen in years. It looks like a book that ends too well. But I'm glad it ends like this. I would change nothing, absolutely nothing to our story.

"You're right Niko, this sunset is... beautiful."

THE END

Hello !

Yes, this is the end of this story :'( As I said at the beginning, it was really a crash test, and even if I'm not totally satisfied, I'm quite happy about how it turned out :D I hope you liked it, even if it was way shorter than Injured, or even Interpreter.

Anyway, I still want to write (yes yes!), and for once, I've too many ideas (literrally 2) and I cannot chose, so I'm gonna do a rough description here. Please please please, tell me which one you would better read, if not I can't decide what to post next !

Symbols :

Probably a Jure X OC (not fixed yet, but it seems to fit well).

Joker Out needs help. It seems that... their layers of reality are... separating ? They don't know how to call it, but they feel it is urgent. They need help. And they found it in 2 young adults, still in highschool. They are mysterious, they speak about things that cannont be... right? But here they are, and their only chance to survive is those 2 young girls.

Sooo, I don't really know if you'll like it, because it has, like, sort of powers and mystical things in it?? But I really looooove fantasy sooo much, I can't help myself! It still has a 'realisitc' background though. It's not like they're sent in Middle earth...

Serentia (not sure about the title yet)

Kris X OC

This is more 'realistic' in a way it's not fantasy, however it is in a complete different background, this one entirely from my imagination. It is more of the 'post apocalyptic' kind of stuff...

It makes years the war has started. 'Peace' is word that has been forgotten. But not in Serentia, a small kingdom landlocked in France. Alone, it face the confilct as it can. It is a mere dream, something untouchable, too far for them. But they need to get there. They are chased; they need to flee. Fortunately, they meet this stranger, in the heart of the night, that swear to lead them to the Promised Land...

So please help me to chose, one of these has to be the next fanfic I write !

And as always, love you, thanks for the support through this story, seeing each of your vote and comments make my day ! ^^