Chapter 11

Time has passed. School is over already. It was great, but I'm glad I can finally think of something else. And right now I have plenty of things to think about.

Since Katrina came to visit end of March, the atmosphere... is really tensed. I barely speak to mother. Not that I like it, but I'm used to be her favourite, and seeing her watching me with disdain hurt me more than it should.

She never approved that I wanted to be a dancer. She said that I will hurt myself -which can be true- for nothing. But I didn't work for nothing. While I love dancing it will not be for nothing. And then, there's Jure... I had the bad idea to present him to my parents. Of course, my father was so happy to meet him (I must admit I can be talkative when it's about him) and he was really welcoming. Mother was quite the opposite. She always found a way to insult him viciously. The only thing I wanted to do back then was to slap her face on the wall.

You'll understand why I don't speak much to her now.

Anyway, now that school is over, I am moving. To Slovenia. With my favourite blond boy. That's why I'm really excited right now.

"I can put that here?" I asked, a big box in my arms.

"Give it to me." Jure said, while taking the box from my arms. "You can put it anywhere, that's our apartment now, not only mine," he said after putting it down, he ruffled my hair with a smile. "That's it?"

"Yup," I agreed.

"You didn't take much!"

"I put most of my things in my parent's attic. I didn't need them anyway. I just have the necessary!" I smiled.

"Meaning 42 tutus." He looked at me, taking me in his arms.

"As many tutus as you've got drums." I answered with a playful smile.

"Touché!" He laughed.

I kissed him while smiling. It felt good; being in our home. Together. We waited for that so long, I think we deserve it. Being happy together. Ever after? Hum, that sound right.

***

I'm jumping everywhere. I got the job I wanted! It's a part time job at Ljubljana's opera, and I complete with a small amount of dancing course for teenager. (It's a bit weird, cause I'm barely older than them, and I'm their teacher, but I'll get used to it -hopefully). It's like living a dream. I couldn't hope for a better life, right now. It's amazing.

I push the door of the café -one of my favourites in town. It is chill inside, whereas outside we're burning under the summer sun. I search quickly, and then notice my sister, waving happily. A childish smile appear on my lips and I go to her, sitting in front of her.

"We have MANY things to tell each other!" She exclaims. "First, how's life in Slovenia?"

I smile, nearly dreaming. Katrina is there for longer than me, she came right after the... incident at my parent's house. I arrived only a few weeks ago.

"I already feel home." I nod, smiling. "It's weird, I feel like I'm already more acclimated to Slovenian than French." I've always hated speaking French. It was really hard for me.

"I understand..." She says while sighing. "But it's a very welcoming place, isn't it?" She smiles. She's passing her finger on the edge of her cup. "When you try your best to speak in Slovenian, it's like their face lighten, and they are so kind! So I'm doing my best to learn quickly."

"Same. I found some blogs to help me, and I attend to a course once a week. It's helpful, really."

"Right. But tell me, you and Jure?"

"Amazing! Living the perfect dream. Next week we'll go to the mountains, it's one of Jure's favourite place."

I saw my sister looking at me with a tender smile.

"What?" I asked, frowning.

She took my hand in hers, and smiled even more.

"Amalia, I've always been by your side; I'm your big sister. But I'm just happy for you. You're living by your own now. I saw you growing so much the last year. You're not the little girl who I took care of, you're a strong and independent woman. And as your big sister, I can only be proud of you."

"I love you Katrina!"

I took her in a warm hug. She always had been by my side. And I have made her proud. There's no greater achievement. How could I live a better life than this? I've never felt loved that much. And that's the most important, right?