Chapter 4

I woke up really early. In fact, I was quite excited to go to Paris. We don't go to the capital that often; for me it's like visiting another world. From what I've already seen, it looks really different from the rest of France. Said by a non-french girl, remember.

I got dressed; only practical clothes, since we'll have a long time in the car and then we'll walk a lot. I went downstairs while doing my hair, as usual in a tight bun.

Katrina is already in the kitchen. When I enter, she says nothing but smile at me. I suppose she doesn't want to make too much noise. She already had prepared my morning coffee. I swear my sister is the sweetest in the whole world! How could I live without her...

Katrina was filling a backpack with bottles of water and other things for the day. I saw her putting some plasters, some sun cream and even a map of the city. Like that, she looked like a dad ready to go to the airport.

I turned my head to the door, when I heard someone complaining.

"This is too early," Kris said. I must say he really looks tired.

"Hi Kris," my sister said. "Sorry, I didn't want to wake you now," she said with a sorry face, but with a small smile. I took a second to think. What? I glanced at Katrina, she just did a small sign with her hand. I knew it! She's quick though. Less than 1 week that they know each other... Anyway, she seems happy. And Kris is a nice guy. She doesn't need me to protect herself though...

"No worry," he said with his sleepy voice, rubbing his eyes. "I still can have coffee?"

Katrina gave him a cup, but he was nearly asleep on the table. I got up to put my cup in the dishwasher, only to let it fall on the ground. It exploded in million of pieces. How to set my mood...

"Scheiße!" I exclaimed. Of course, I swear in German. It's natural. I crouched down to take all the pieces to the bin, but Katrina stopped me.

"Don't worry, I take care of that." She smiled at me. The same smile she did when I was yelled at by Mother. It felt so reassuring. She put a hand on my arm. "You go wake up the boys?"

I nodded in agreement, getting up on my feet again. That's a mission I could do. I climbed the stairs again. I did not remember in which room went the boys, so that'll be a surprise.

I knocked on the first door after mine. I heard nothing. I slowly opened the door.

"Hi? Who's there?" I spoke softly, not to sound harsh on the morning. I heard a groan, and someone turned into his bed. "Oh, hi Nace, it's time to wake up!" I heard him muttering words, so I just close the door and went to the next, on the other side of the corridor.

The curtains were not close, so there was a bit of light in the room. I could see Bojan. His legs were still in the bed, but he was half lying on the ground. And he was still asleep. I don't know how he could do that.

"Bojan?"

He woke up with a start, and fell on the ground.

"Ouch," I said. "Are you okay?" I asked, approaching him.

"You can help me?" He asked while sitting on the ground. His splint came off, and from his expression it seemed painful. I took the Velcro and delicately put his arm back in the right position. There was a lot of bruises on his skin.

I didn't realise it was a that big accident. Of course, I saw Kris in his wheel chair, but that's not the same feeling as seeing these bruises... It must have been horrible. I can't even imagine Katrina, saving them, covered in blood. I shook my head, trying to make this image disappear; and smiled at Bojan.

"Thanks," he said, sitting on his bed. He was holding his elbow.

"I think I saw your medicines downstairs, on the table." He nodded, vaguely smiling.