Chapter 9

"So this is it?" he asked, looking at the old building.

"Yup, this is my new school," I smiled, while squeezing his hand.

"Seems enormous." He sighed. "Are you sure you're not gonna get lost in there?"

"Well, maybe, I never went inside. But I'll make my way." I took him in a hug. "See you tonight?"

"I'll be there when you'll exit." He smiled, whispering only to me.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I pulled away, even though I didn't really want to, and with my bag on my back, I entered the school. It was my first day here, in Milano. Of course I was quite excited, dancing for me is all my life, but I was really nervous too. It was so big, and there were so much people, and so much things unknown... Not to say that I don't have a perfect Italian (well, better than most of French people that only learn in school, but I can't blame them); so it frightened me. Imagine someone try to speak to me and I don't understand anything! That would be a shame.

So I was glad Jure accompanied me. He came with me by train to Milano just after Katrina and I went into Slovenia to visit them. He must go back home tomorrow, but it meant so much for me. He was really supportive. A lot more than my parents.

In fact, they don't live far from here, maybe like 30 minutes outside Milano. But I don't plan to visit them often. Mother is becoming... well, she's more and more terrifying. And I'm quite afraid to tell her that I have a boyfriend (I didn't even thought of presenting him to the family...)

I shook my head while I was walking in the corridors, to my ballet room. They wanted to test us on the very first day. I did my warm ups calmly, without thinking of anything else.

I really had to be the best.

There's not a lot of worldwide known ballerinas. I needed to always be at the top. That what I swore when I moved here.

We started with a few basic exercises. The tone of the teacher was harsh. I could feel my heart beating harder when she approached me.

"Blum."

I thought my heart would stop.

"Good enough. For now. Smile more. We're not at funerals." She said with a monotonous tone, and with her strong Italian accent.

I quickly nodded, putting a smile on my face, and continued the exercises.

***

I was totally exhausted. This test session was longer than I thought. I was at 100% all the time. The professor said she will send us an email about that later in the day. So now, I'm stressed over something else, super...

I exited the building, speaking a bit with another girl, coming from South of France. She seemed kind; we quickly exchanged our number. But as I was speaking to her, I was staring at the street in front of me. And then I ran.

Jure caught me (even if I nearly made him fall). After we got back stable on our feet, we laughed like little kids.

"How was it?"

"Stressful! But great. Though I can't wait to finish this year to be a professional!" We were walking through the street. It was not evening yet, so we still had plenty of time. I lifted up my head, staring at the cloud. "Maybe I could be a ballerina in Slovenia," I said, dreamingly.

"You will steal the stage from us!" Jure laughed, and I was doing a reverence.

"Of course, I'm the best." I smiled. "Hum... I can imagine dancing on your music actually."

"That's a nice idea, yeah!"

"Oh, and Katrina told me you're on new projects?"

"Sketches really, for the moment. Nothing concrete."

"I'm really excited to hear that!"

"You'll have to come over to Slovenia."

"Oh, not a problem," I said, putting my arms around his neck, fixing his blue eyes.

He couldn't help but to grin, and placed his lips on mine.

"Okay now, before I leave, we need to party, right?" He said, excitingly.

"Right! Here we go!"

***

I visit him every 2 weeks. Sometimes it seems long, but most of the time I'm so constantly working that I don't realise days have passed, until I see Jure again. And I must say, he's my light through my studies.

When I come back home – I mean in Slovenia – he always takes me to do crazy things. Last time, we went paragliding. I was totally terrified, but at the same time it was so cool! Jure had so much fun he told me he'd brought the guys one day. When we do crazy stuff like this, I really see the real Jure; an adventurer, and reckless sometimes, who enjoys discovering new things and sensations.

But he's also caring! When we were up there, he was always holding me firmly and encouraging me, knowing that I'm not comfortable with big heights. I swear he's the best (no matter what Katrina says, Kris can't beat him).

"So, your plans for your Christmas holidays?" Jure asked me, grabbing my waist by behind while I was preparing hot chocolates. It was already quite cold, in Slovenia.

"My parents want us to be at home. I'm not sure of what Katrina will do yet. I think I'll go see her, we're never here at the same time!" I giggled a bit, and continued. "I have my yearly day in Germany, for Christmas Markets, and then hum... I think that's it."

"Then you'll be here for New Year's Eve?"

"I think I can make it." I smiled, handing him his cup.

"Yeah!" Jure kissed my cheek, and I smiled brighter.

We went to the living room and cuddled under the blankets. We had a whole season of a Star Wars show to watch! (But often, as we are watching something together, I'm more excited by his reactions than on the show!) 

Hello...

One week since the last chapter and I could only write that. I'm super disapointed in that chapter. It seems that the quality and the feelings I want to convey are slowly disappearing...

I don't really know what to do to make it bettere. But if does not level up in the few next chapter, I can't promise finishing this. i'm really sorry. But I don't want to give you a bad story. I prefer stopping writing it than posting something that will first disappoint me, and most of all disappoint you.

Hope you're okay, with comming back to school and everything...