{ 11 } Mystery Man

{ James }

I quickly go to the bathroom. I try to brush away my bad breath and I take a cold shower.

When I get out of the shower, I quickly put on a new outfit that belongs to Derek. All of my clothes either stink or have stains. I'm a messy eater, you can't blame me.

Speaking of food, I'm famished!

I dash to the kitchen to find Derek, stuffing his face with donuts.

Who eats donuts for breakfast?

"Stop staring at the donuts and join me," he says with his mouth full.

"Gross, close your mouth while you're eating," I scold him, looking at him disgustingly and shaking my head.

"Do you want some or not?" Still speaking while he has donuts in his mouth.

I walk over to him and pat his back. God help this kid.

"I'm going to Starbucks," I say, walking out the door.

"Can I get a bacon and Gouda sandwich, please?" I place my order.

"Is that it?"

You must be thinking, 'who comes to Starbucks and orders only one thing?' Well, I'm not that hungry anyway, and besides, I have to save my money, since I'm on my own. I really do need to find a job quickly.

"Umm... yes, that's it. Are you guys uh- are you guys hiring?" I really do need a job.

"Errrm..." She checks something on a tablet. "Actually, we are at the moment," the cashier laughs.

"Um, do you have a paper form or something? I really need this job," I chuckle.

"Yeah, we do, I'll just go grab it," she gives me a sweet smile and leaves.

I take out my phone to see the time.

Oh shit, I only have twenty minutes till my class starts.

I wait impatiently. Gosh, what's taking her so long?

"Here you go, hope you get the job," she winks at me and gives me the paperwork and my food. I smile back, paying for the food.

I jog to my car and start it.

When I finally get to the college I've already finished my breakfast.

"Yo, James, it's been a long time," I hear a voice come behind me as I close the door to my car.

I look behind me and see him.

I see Justin; my brother from another mother. I smile and give him a manly hug. It really has been a long time.

"Dude, I have class now, how about I catch up to you later?" I am really late.

"Yeah, sure man. What class are you going to?"

"Culture class, how about you?"

Shit, I'm five minutes late.

"Dude, oh my God, me too," he gives me a smile.

"Well, come on then," I say, walking away as he follows me.

I hope there won't be more Muslims today. It's not a good day for me to see their faces.

We walk through the door. My eyes widen as I see the entire class staring at us.