Chapter 26 - The Talk

Not edited👀
Chapter dedicated to : farzanabai

          James POV

Going to Sabbira's house was absolutely pointless, she hardly knew why Rosemarry had this book with her. I can only hope that she didn't have it for the reasons I think she did. There's no way that Rosemarry was planning to convert to Islam. We've all loathed that religion, there's just no way.

But what if she was. What if at that morning she had gathered us and wanted to tell us about her converting. That would explain why she had been so pale and nervous. And yet it doesn't really explain how or why she had this book. Was it Sabbira's influence that rubbed off her and to Rosemarry? Or was my little sister just being curious like she always is.

I shut my eyes tightly. Thinking about that day was hard, it was 3 years ago! I can't retell all the details correctly.

Maybe I should go visit mom, jail. But than I'll remember what she did to get there. I'm not ready for that. My own mother killed her only daughter.

Maybe I should go to father, get something out of him. His words will be much more believable then anything my mom says.

I walk back by to my house that is next door. Unlocking my door and flicking the light switch. The first thing I noticed in the empty living room is my phone on the counter. Walking over to it, I click on the phone app. Dialing in his number, I click on the green button placing the iPhone to my ear.

After the second ring he picks up. "Hello?"

"It's James." I say awkwardly, speaking to him

"What can I do for you?" He voice changed, surprised that I called

I ignore his change of mood. I didn't have time for that now, all I wanted was answer.

"Why was Rose converting?" I asked, I knew he didn't have the answer to this question

I just wanted to know why. Why hate muslims for that long and suddenly change? Why hide it?

All I wanted was to get back my little sister. I was asking theses question for what? Maybe I thought these questions some how will bring her back.

It was ridiculous to do, but it seemed so fine.

"Son, I myself didn't know she was going to convert, maybe she fell in love with the religion like I did, maybe someone showed her a reason why Islam is the true religion , there's a lot of theories only God knows," He said although I noticed his voice breaking but I didn't question that, I didn't need to

"Why is this religion taking away every one I love?" I myself has a breaking voice now

"This religion didn't take away anyone from you, you mother was the one that killed your sister, for what ? Choosing what she believed in ? Yes our family got torn away but you shouldn't blame that on a religion, plus you have me and I'm not going anywhere," he words brought light to my heart but than vanished

I didn't deserve happiness. I also didn't deserve the forgiveness I'm getting from my father. 

I hang up, not wanting to talk anymore.

Saabira POV

I hear a faint knock on the door. I get up and walk towards there. Who could wake me up from my nap. I felt like I haven't slept for how long.