Chapter 25 -FlashBack

Chapter dedicated to : @blueberrycake55

Characters since most of you forgot due to my lack of updates.

Saabira - Main character the muslimah next door

James- 2 main character

Ifrah- Saabira friend who is Yussuf daughter

Yussuf- Saabira fathers best friends ( note that Sabbira's dad died )

Mohamed - engaged to Saabira

Ayan - Best friend to Saabira

Yasin- Yussuf son and Ifrahs brother

Ahmed - (BARLEY IN THE BOOK) Yasin brother and Ifrah brother

Enjoy the chapter , please do vote and comment !!

Since theres going to be a lot of POV's in this chapter, I have decided to type it all up in 3rd person. I hope it doesn't cause any confusion :)

stay reading!! <3

---------------------

Flashback to that night

"Wait what? That's all I have to say to convert?" Rosemarry asked shocked as Sabbira laughs at her best friend's cuteness.

The two were huddled up on Saabira's large red beanbag. Though it was pretty late Rosemarry had found some excuse to come over to Saabira's house. Her mother had bought it quickly, she could honestly careless about her daughter's whereabouts. As long as she wasn't surrounded by any towel wearing girls she would be pleased. And of course Saabira's parents didn't mind, they enjoyed her best friend's presence. They've always commented that they were practically sisters.

And who would have known that today they'll be just that. Sisters.

Sisters in Islam.

"Yes, that's all you have to say."

"Wow." Rosemarry says a bit disappointed but filled with awe. "What does it all mean?"

"It means I declare that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah; and I declare that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah." I say the Shahadah, translating it to english for her to understand.

Rosemarry tries to pronounce the words for the first time, but fails terribly. Frustrated with herself, Sabbira pats her shoulder to comfort her. Speaking arabic has been second nature for her, she must have forgotten that not everyone is like that.

She repeats the shahada, breaking it up piece by piece. Waiting for Rosemarry to read back the words and she does. It sounded broken, and the letters had an accent with it but it was good enough. Saabira looks at Rosemarry with delight, like she was a proud mother seeing her daughter graduating.

Rosemarry repeats it once, then twice, then ten times. The accent on the letters had improved a bit more than the way it sounded on the first try. But Rosemarry's face changed, she had looked nervous and stressed. Her breathing was uneven, and she kept stumbling on the arabic words.

Saabira places a hand on her shoulder to catch her attention, and snap her from her anxiety. "Listen, if you're really this nervous we could just do it on a different day." Though Sabbira was filled with excitement she needed to remind herself that this is a huge step for her best friend. It isn't something that will be done overnight.

Rosemarry frowns. "No no. I want to convert, I do. Its just.. well you know my family right? I'm just ...worried about how they will react with all of this." she waves her hands around.