{ 17 } You Thief

{ Saabira }

I gasp in shock as I see the picture.

Memories start crashing down. Tears slide down my cheeks. I knew it. I knew he had a sister.

But why would he lie about not having a sister?

"Sorry Saabira, I can't come over today. I'm going James's soccer game," she frowns, but I know that she'd rather be with her brother.

Those two love each other so much.

"Aye, we can hang out another time no worries," I said while embracing her in a comforting hug.

"Bye! Make sure you do the art project," she walks away, afraid her mother would see her talking to me.

Her mother despises Muslims for some odd reason.

"Saabira!" My annoying brother yells my name from our car, which makes people give me weird looks.

That kid is doomed. He just embarrassed me.

I get in the car, giving my mother a kiss on the cheek. I sit in the seat next to my brother, secretly slapping him.

I hold the picture of Rosemary and James in my hand, crying for my friend that I haven't seen in years.

I wonder if she has children now, or if she's married. Why have I seen James, but not her?

How come I don't see her at the college?

Did she move out of the state?

If she did, why?

Did her family kick her out once they found out the secret? A secret to be happy about? Did James not like her choice?

I put the wallet back and start driving back to my apartment.

It's been a long day. I just remembered memories that I promised never to go back to. Never to remember. 

I get shaken awake by someone. "Saabira, you're going to be late for work!"

I open my eyes and see Ayan hovering over me. I get up, shoving her out of my way.

I look at my clock and read the time.

9:30.

My work starts at 8:45!

I'm late.

"You idiot! I'm already late!" I yell at her.

I jump from my bed and go to the bathroom, quickly taking a shower and brushing my teeth.

I walk out and start getting dressed, but I stop after I see Ayan, who's on the floor...

Laughing?

I give her a glare for not waking me up.

"Child, I'm playing with you!" She laughs harder than before.

"This isn't a sick game, Ayan, I'm going to get fired," I say and put my scarf around my head loosely.

I take my phone out of the charger and see the time.

"AYAN!" I yell so loud I probably just woke up everyone in the apartment.

I turn around, seeing Ayan on the ground, laughing as if her life depends on it.  She gets up, still giggling and tries to sit on the bed, only to fall on the floor again, shaking.

7:30, my phone reads.

I smirk, but I'm still pissed at her. She legit changed the time on my alarm clock.

I run to my bed, throwing myself at onto the. My body smashes into hers. She lets out a deep groan.

I take her hair and pull it. Hard.

"Ow! Ow ow ow!" She yelps in pain, grabbing my wrist.

"Will you ever do that again?" I smirk, giving a warning tug to her hair.

I try not to let out a laugh and keep my face emotionless.

"I will not. I will even buy you a jar of Nutella, the big one."

I get up and fix up my hair.

"You should go now though, you might be late," she gets up and throws a pillow at me.

I give her glare. She puts her hands up in surrender. I shake my head, smiling at my feet.

{ James }

My money. My credit cards. My wallet is gone. I know I had it before the incident, but it can't just disappear into thin air. Right?

I just continue to sign the stupid forms for my father until I hear footsteps.

I look up from the papers and see her, holding my missing wallet.

I stand up quickly, rushing towards her with anger. Stupid Muslim thief.

I yank my wallet out of her hand.

She gasps and looks at me, confused.

"You thief!" I yell.

I look through my wallet and see everything in place.

Why didn't she steal anything?

"James," she says.

I raise my eyebrow at her.

"Can I ask you something?"