CHAPTER SEVEN

In the bustling kitchen, a vibrant tapestry of culinary artistry comes to life. The stovetops become a stage where pots and pans twirl and spin, their handles serving as graceful partners. The air is filled with the tantalizing scent of herbs and spices, weaving together a symphony of aromas that tickle the senses. Amidst the flurry of activity, chefs move with precision and grace, their hands a blur of motion as they chop, sauté, and stir. Each ingredient is a brushstroke on the canvas of a dish, harmonizing in perfect balance. And as the final creations are plated, they become edible masterpieces, ready to be savored and enjoyed.

The kitchen staff seemed to have mastered the art of multitasking, because although their hands seemed to be moving at supernatural speeds, that didn't seem to stop them from talking.

Throughout the entire continent of Solara, the trending news was the prince being in age to find his soulmate, and within the castle walls was no different. If anything, people in the castle seem to be talking about the prince even more.

"Have anyone seen the prince yet? I mean, I know that today is the first day for all of us, but someone had to had a running into the prince right?" Said one of the chefs.

Anothe one of the workers scoffed. "Oh please, why would we run into the prince? We are staff, we were in the staff quarters all day yesterday. It's not like we are allowed to explore the castle, and the prince has no reason coming down to the staff quarters."

"I wonder when he will find his soulmate." Said another chef.

"Anytime from now till the end of the month." Answered another worker.

"Or maybe he has already found her and no one knows."

"Impossible. The moment the prince finds his soulmate, it will be international news."

The head of the kitchen who was a mutant, entered with a clipboard in his hands.

"Where is Benjamin Miller? According to my schedule, he's supposed to be on dishes duty." He said angrily.

As soon as the words left his mouth, a tired looking Benjamin entered the kitchen.

"Late on your first day of work?" Asked the head of the kitchen.

Benjamin rubbed his red eyes. "I kinda got lost."

"Got lost?" Asked the head of the kitchen. "We were shown around yesterday, how did you get lost."

Benjamin shrugged, "Big castle?" He said but it came out more like a question.

"Everyone here was shown around at the same time yesterday, and only you got lost? You expect me to believe that?"

"Yes? Why not? It's a valid excuse." Benjamin said.

"Listen here human, this is all of our first day, so I'll let you off with a warning, but if you're ever late again, I'm gonba have to report you to the general. Understood?" Said the head of the kitchen.

Benjamin saluted him, causing some of the other staff members to chuckle. "Understood!"

"Now go on, your duties are to wash dishes, there are alot of dishes, and they are not going to wash themselves."

"Wait, dishes? I thought I was to be a waiter." Said Benjamin.

The head of the shook his head. "General Gaston made it clear that you were to specifically wash dishes."

Benjamin mood changed slightly at hearing the name of the general. Of course General Gaston would give him the hardest job to do. That's why the general selected him in the first place, to keep his life miserable.