Two

Evan

"Check yes Juliet, are you with me? Rain is falling down on the sidewalk, I won't go, until you come outside..."

"Muke as fuck," Tia whimpered, wiping her eyes.

"Look how fetus they were oh my god," I sniffed.

I guess you could say that study hall last period was a blessing. More time to fanboy (and fangirl) with Tia over 5sos.

"Today's Monday," Tia said, shutting her laptop after the video ended. "You get to ride home with my sweet ass today."

"Yass honey," I said in my best girl voice.

She laughed. "I bet Luke would get a kick out of you."

"I actually want him to high-kick his foot into my ass," I said as serious as possible.

She burst out laughing and the bell rang as we packed up our stuff to go home.

Beep beep! I whipped my head around and saw one of my most favorite people ever waving at me from his car.

No, not Luke. My brother Nathan, home from college.

"Nate!" I yelled as he got out of his car to give me a hug.

I launched myself into his arms. "I missed you dude," he laughed, hugging me and then Tia.

Nathan was definitely the better looking of the two of us. While I was lanky and tall, he was thick built with wide shoulders and rippling biceps. A football coach's dream, you could say, but he wasn't interested in football or any type of sport in that matter. He was majoring in space research and stuff. A total science geek. Maybe that's why I'm proud to have him as my brother. Because no matter what people told him about how he should be playing sports, he stuck to what he loved.

"Can I steal him from you?" He asked Tia, clapping a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, of course. See you later Ev." She smiled and walked to her car.

As soon as she was gone he playfully wrapped me in a headlock and ruffled my hair.

"Dude! Ah! Watch the quiff!" I shouted and he released me, laughing.

"I missed you Evan," he said as we got into the car. "How've things been? Tia's gotten pretty. Anything there?"

I shrugged half-heartedly. "Nah, we're just friends. I've known her since sixth grade, Nate."

"And you haven't been interested in any girls, at all?"

I shrugged again and he turned his head sideways to look at me. "Evan, this is personal but we're brothers and you know I love you to death man. Are you gay?"

"What? No!" I rejected. "Nope. Not gay."

Nate laughed. "Okay chill. I was just wondering. Because if you were I wouldn't care. I'm not Mom."

I shrugged for the third time.

"Wanna get something to eat?" Nate asked. "I know this really fancy place downtown."

Five minutes later we're sitting outside of McDonalds with Big Macs in hand.

"Life of a broke college student," Nathan grinned, taking a huge bite.

"Watch your muscles, space still needs a buff astronaut." I teased.

He threw a fry at me. "I'm not an astronaut you nerd. I'm a space researcher. But enough about me. How's life been with you? I haven't seen you since Christmas. We were almost at a breakthrough with some black hole research and testing. That's why I couldn't come home on Spring Break."