Twenty // Epilogue

Luke

"That's what I like about yoooou!" I screamed into the mic.

The crowd went wild and I looked out, only searching for one pair of eyes.

Evans.

I caught him in the front row, his cheeks pink and his brown hair messy.

"And now, we're going to get a very special guest onstage!" I smirked, looking directly at my boyfriend.

He scowled at me when he realized what I was doing.

"I'm not coming up," he mouthed at me and I chuckled and kneeled next to the security guard.

"Can you make sure the boy in the front gets up?"

Evan

I scowled at Luke as he was urging me to go up on stage with him.

"Go up!" Tia laughed, pushing me towards the barrier. "Go see your boyfriend."

"Hey kid," said a gruff voice. I turned my head to see a familiar face.

"Hey, you're the security guard that helped me get backstage!" I smiled, remembering that chaotic night where Luke first kissed me. God, that felt like a lifetime ago.

He grinned. "That's right. I work for these boys. Now time to go up."

He lifted me over the barrier and I climbed a set of stairs and finally appeared onstage, earning a cheer from the audience.

"There's my beautiful boyfriend!" Luke giggled, kissing my cheek.

"Why are we still dating?" I laughed and dodged his playful slap.

Michael suddenly came up behind me and caught me in a bear hug. "Well if it isn't our favorite American! Long time no see!"

"I know right? Half an hour is a pretty long time," I smirked.

"So everybody, do you know why I brought Evan up on stage tonight?" Luke asked to crowd.

Mixed cheers and replies came back, making him cracked a grin.

"No? Well I know why I pulled him up."

"To torture me?"

"Nope, sorry Evan Mahgevan."

I blushed at the use of my nickname which made Luke laugh. "I brought you up to celebrate!"

"Celebrate what?"

Luke turned to the audience. "Last week my boyfriend graduated high school!"

The audience uprooted with cheers and applause and I felt my cheeks get redder than ever.

"Congrats mate," Ashton grinned, clapping my shoulder. "You made it."

I looked at my hand intwined with Luke's, at my three friends onstage and one in the crowd, which stretched on forever.

I was a kid who was hopelessly in love with a band member.

I was secretly gay, had one friend and one wish: to meet Luke Hemmings.

Maybe I'm still obsessed with 5 Seconds of Summer, but I'm dating Luke Hemmings and I have four close friends who mean the absolute world to me.

Me, Evan Roberts, a fanboy who had hopeless dreams.

And I made it.