8

Blurnt  village

A little boy is seen following his mother towards a lake, a few cattle grazed near the shore of the giant lake, around five to six women are seen collecting water from the lake in a small water pot, and is carrying it back to a village, which was covered in dust. Anyone can guess that there only lived a handful of people in the village. The vast desert that covered the entire village made it hard for anyone to live there. After all it was Blurnt,the cursed village were cursed people live.

A teenage girl is also seen standing near the Great Brimoires Lake, she is carrying a water pot with her, but instead of collecting the water, she kept on staring at her fellow villagers who were busy getting water. What disturbed the girls' mind was the question, "why were they cursed? What is it that they have done to be cast out from others?", but no one in her village talked about their past, or the reason for them being called, 'cursed'. She thought about their life, they never had enough food, the only source of food for them was the lake and its surrounding area were trees and plants grew, which they called the Oasis. But things were hard for them when the sea level raised, Brimoires being a lake which was connected to the ocean by the Inland Passage, which they called the dry pass, the water in the lake became salty and not good to drink.

"Kita, stop staring at others and get the water, its already getting dark, we better hurry back home" said another girl, who looked like the exact copy of the other one.

"Why us, why are we called 'cursed'" asked Kita

"I don't know, no one here knows, and even if they do, no one talks about it"

"Why, why must they keep it a secret? Why are they always quiet?"

"I don't know, can't you hear me, stop asking questions, for which you will never get answers", Said Rita

"Don't you want to know? Don't you want to know why they took our brother? Kita questioned, in a helpless and angry tone.

"Yes ", replied Rita looking at her sister.

"I hate the king, I hate the empire, I hate them for calling us 'cursed', and I hate them for taking away our brother and our father"

"Kita, there is no use shouting, what can we do? we are helpless, we can't do anything" said Rita, it was clear from her voice that she felt both anger and hatred towards the people who took away their father, now their brother. But the feeling of being helpless and hopeless overtook her anger and hatred, what is it that she a thirteen year old can do, she can't fight back, the only help she can do is support her mother, thought Rita.

"Of course we can, we can go to Dalerok, the capital city and bring our brother back"

"Kita, stop talking nonsense, have you ever thought about our mother, at first dad, now our brother, what do you think will happen to her, if we too leave her she will be all alone "

"I know, we can't leave our mother" said Kita, tears started to fill her eyes , she felt helpless, was there no way, was she, her family and the entire village going to suffer more. What will happen to her brother? questions filled her mind, for which she wanted answers. It was getting darker, the vast lake and its surrounding began to plunge deep into the darkness which always made sure not to free them.

She picked up her water pot and followed hersister Rita back to the village; if she were to live such a life at least shehad to know the reason why she has to. No matter what, she will find the truth.She will find the answer to her question. Kita knew what she had to do, shewill not be acoward like her villagers ,she will find the answers