23

Herbert Estrand {6th day of second moon, 754Q}

"Are you going to Ottingel?", asked Herbert to Prince Ray, who was now busy packing his things for the trip.

"What if I am?"

"You can't go all alone"

"No of course not, how can a Prince walk around without guards?, that's why I am taking Brian with me"

"Brian?"

"Yes Brian, your second in command, he is a good warrior after all"

"Why, Ottingel? All of a sudden"

"Don't know, I just felt like taking a break away from all these 'royal' life, so Ottingel is the first place that came into my mind"

"I will come with you"

"No, that's not needed, you have a lot of things to take care in the capital, and I can't take someone who is really busy with me"

"I am not that busy, and ..."

"And, what?"

"And I think it's more safe if I come with you"

"Are you telling me that Brian is not that good?"

"No that's not what I meant; Brian is one of the Best swordsmen"

"Yes, that's what I thought too"

"Ray, I can come with you, I am not that busy"

"But you just went to Ottingel a few days ago; it's only been three days that you reached here in the capital", said Prince Ray

"There is something that I have to inquire about in Ottingel"

"And what would that be?"

"It's...." Herbert could not tell what it was; he just did not want the Prince to know about his mate. Not when he was ignored by her.

"Is it really something, or someone that you inquire about?"

Herbert just stared at Prince Ray with a surprised expression in his face.

"Well, it's not my safety that you are concerned about, is it? It's just that you have found someone that you want to protect back there in Ottingel, Right? , said Prince Ray.

"How did you know?"

"The entire group of soldiers who were with you in Ottingel knows, long black hair, short stature, young girl..., man you are really not that good at hiding things,  are you? I am pretty sure you must have made that poor girl scared out of her wits"

"No, I did not; I just wanted to talk to her, but that old women won't even let me to talk with her"

"Must be her Mother", said Prince Ray

"No, not her mother, she was calling that woman by name, some Mrs. Higgins"

"Anyway, I really need to take a break and Ottingel seems a good place for a short vacation"

"Ray..."

"Yes.., what is it General?"

Herbert just looked at his friend with a pleading expression

"Well, well, let's make a deal then, if I take you to Ottingel with me, you will help me to find Rog Lin, is it deal?"

"Yes, Deal"

"Great, then off us go to Ottingel"

"I need to ask the king for permission", said Herbert

"Well that's not necessary, he would never sent me anywhere without you"

"What? I thought  you asked for Brian.

"Well I did ask, but you know my father, he gave me the permit to visit Ottingel with you so..."

"You liar", shouted Herbert "you tricked me, didn't you?"

"Yes I did, sorry my friend, but you can't break the deal, I help you find your mate, and you help me find Rog Lin"

Herbert just looked at his friend who was now clearly smiling at the trick that he played.

"Go; pack your things fast, we have no time to lose", said prince ray with a smile.

"I will pay you back for this"

"I will be waiting for your pay back", said Prince Ray

Without waiting anymore, Herbert went to pack his things for the trip, he just could not wait , his heart was beating fast 

'This time he will talk to her' ,thought Herbert.