14

Herbert Estrand       {28th day of first moon, 754Q}

His mind was now filled with her, the only thoughts that came to him was about her, 'what is her name? Where does she live? Does she already have a mate? Will she accept me?'

Never in his mind had he imagined that he would find his other half, if he had not come here to Ottingel, he would not have been able to see her. From the moment she stepped inside through those doors, he could not take his eyes of her, he knew, that he had found the one person who would fill his void, who would be his world and life from now on. The way she walked, her innocent face, the way she observed everything with curious and amazed eyes, her long black hair, her beautiful black eyes, compared to any other women he had seen she was different, but yet beautiful. 

'She was perfect for him', Thought Herbert.

She was sitting at the table opposite to his on the other side of the room, there was a middle aged women along with her, 'she is cute', thought Herbert. Suddenly she looked at him, her eyes met his, at that moment his heart stopped, his mind went blank, and the only thing that filled his mind was her face, she looked both surprised and disturbed, but suddenly she blushed and moved her eyes from him and looked at the glass she was holding, Herbert smiled seeing her reaction, he was happy that she noticed him, then out of nowhere she turned to look back as if to make sure whether someone was behind her.

Herbert wanted her to look at him, 'why is she staring at the glass ,come on, look at me, just look at me'.

Now she stood up along with the other women and started walking towards the stairs, 'so she must be staying here for the night', concluded Herbert. As she was walking towards the stairs she softly and slowly turned her head to look at him, Herbert was again filled with joy, 'she had noticed him', but at that moment a man walked up to her and was now talking to her ,Herbert felt both anger and jealousy seeping into his heart , 'who is this guy, is he her friend ? Why is he walking so close to her? She is mine'

Herbert was disturbed, 'what if she has found her partner, and will she reject him? He was now feeling both excited and afraid at the same time. No matter what he knew one thing he will have her, 'she is his and will always be'.

When he made sure that both his mate and the other companions of her had went upstairs he headed for the reception desk, he had to know her name, and whatever information he could get of her.

"I would like to see the list of the guests present in the inn", said Herbert to the girl at the reception desk.

"Yes sir", the girl was intimidated by the presence of the man, she didn't want to mess up with the kings soldier, she immediately handed the guest list to the soldier who was now standing in front of her.

Herbert was now looking at the list of names in the book; he immediately turned the pages and looked at the recently entered people's names, after looking for about a few seconds he found it. There at the end was a name written, Mrs. Higgins, room number 20, 22.

'This must be it' ,thought Herbert, 'now the only think he had to do was send one of his soldiers to gather information about Mrs. Higgins'

'maybe he can talk to her , but what will he talk about, no he will not be able to talk to her, what if she does not like him, what if she too is afraid of him, what if she too will leave him like everyone else.'

Herbert was now in a tough situation, he wished he was talented enough like prince Ray to talk to women, make them fall for you using sweet words, he considered himself to be a failure at flirting, 'oh Goddess, please make her mine'