12

Herbert Estrand      {28th day of first moon, 754Q}

Herbert was feeling restless, he was feeling weird, and his mind was wandering off to somewhere. This feeling started right when he stepped foot inside the inn, he felt like he needed to find something but he could not understand what he was supposed to find, his entire body was sweating, his heart was beating faster, and he could feel his hands getting colder.

He was at the bar counter along with his fellow soldiers, his second in command, Rob was sitting next to him and a few other soldiers, whom he recognized to be beginners ,were also sitting close to him, he could feel that they were a little bit intimidated by his presence. He was holding a jar filled with mior drink. He had a few shots, it's the fourth one that he was having now.

'Maybe it must be the drink, I must have drank too much', thought Herbert. And then another thought came to his mind 'was it poison, someone must have poisoned his drink', but he knew deep down in his heart that it was neither poison nor the drink ,it was something else.

He sat at a table which was at the top left corner of the room, on his right side was a big staircase which led to the upper floor of the inn, and from where he sat he could see the entrance to the inn, a few people can be seen passing in and out the inn, most of them where sailors, traders and tourist who had come to visit Ottingel during summer. Most of them where checking in, while a very few of them were checking out.

'The inn must almost be full' thought Herbert. Now that the carriages were set, he and his soldiers could take rest, and set off to Dalerok,  the capital ,early in the morning. But he was feeling strange, his mind wanted him to stay at Ottingel, it was as if something forced him to stay where he was. No matter how hard he tried he could not bring himself to get up or move his body, his eyes kept own wandering towards the entrance of the inn, it was as if he wanted something, or maybe someone to walk in through that door.

Right then at that moment something caught his eye. His heart stopped for a second, he felt numb all over his body, and he found it hard to breathe. It was as if the time had just stopped for him. And only one word echoed through his mind, 'Mine'