Chapter 14: The Monster

Liam Groaned as He laid There,Against the Tree,With his Eyes Closed,For Another Minute.

Before,Liam Gasped Out,In Surprise, as He opened his Eyes,And,Sat Upright,Finally,Waking Up,From the Impact,That,He had received.

Liam looked Around,For Chase and the Others,But,All He could See was a Bunch of Trees and a Whole Lot of Rain.

"Chase,Skye," Liam called Out as He attempted to stand Up,Back,Onto his Feet.

"Ouch!" Liam shouted as He fell,Back,Onto the Ground,And,Grasped his Arm.

Liam sat Up,And,Leaned Against the Tree,That,He had Hit,So,He could,At Least,Be Sitting Upright.

Liam looked Down at His Arm,To see,Why,He was feeling Pain There.

The Minute,That,Liam had looked at It,He Gasped,Seeing a Small Branch,Impaled,Right,Through his Arm.

"Oh My Gosh,How did That get in There?" Liam asked Himself,as He looked at his Impaled Arm.

Liam looked Around,Once Again,Hoping,This Time,That,He would find Somebody walking,Towards Him,But,He found Nothing,Nothing but Trees.

"Man,I can't,Just leave It in There,I need to get It Out,Somehow,Hopefully,Without making It Worse," Liam whispered to Himself as He grabbed,Onto the Branch,In his Arm.

Liam winced,The Second,That,He touched It.

"Ooh,Okay,Okay,Just take It Out,Quickly,And,Then,It'll be Over With,Just Grab It,And,Pull It Out," Liam repeated,To Himself,Trying to convince Himself,To,Just pull It Out.

Liam took a Slow,Deep Breath In and Out,Before,Grabbing the Stick,Again,And,Yanking It Out of his Arm.

Liam Screamed Out,In Pain,as He grasped his Arm,Tightly,And,His Head fell Back,Against the Tree,Going Back Unconscious.

Back at the Lookout.

Marshall,Everest,Tracker and Rex were,Now,All Out of Their Hiding Places,And,Trying to figure Out,What to do Next.

"We haven't heard,From It,In Awhile," Marshall muttered to Everest.

"Yeah,Doesn't mean,It's Gone,Forever,Marshall," Everest informed.

"Yeah,But,We can't,Just stay Here,Forever,Either,Everest," Marshall warned.

"Marshall's Right,It will find Us,Eventually,And,When It does,It will kill Us" Rex agreed,Stating,Who,He was agreeing With.

"Yes,But,If We Go Up There,Too Early,We'll die,Anyway," Everest retorted,Pointing Out,How They couldn't,Just Leave,Either.

"At Least,It's Better,Than Staying Here,Doing Nothing," Marshall pointed Out,Firmly.

"Yeah,I'd rather,Risk My Life,Trying,Then,Spending It,Hiding Down Here," Rex added,Once Again,Agreeing with Marshall's Point.

Everest Scoffed,When She heard That.

She could,Not believe,The Fact,That,Marshall and Rex were,Ganging Up on Her

"Tracker,Please,Tell Them,That,We should Stay Here," Everest requested,Politely,Wanting Him to tell Them,That,She was Right.

"No,Tell Her,That,We need to Go Up There,Like You Said," Marshall commanded,Rudely,Wanting Him to tell Her,That,They were Right.

"Actually,You're Both Right," Tracker corrected.

"Huh?" Marshall and Everest responded,In Confusion,as They looked at Him,With Looks of Shock,And,Raised Eyebrows.

"What do You mean,Tracker?" Rex asked,Softly.