1

2010

Bora was 13.  A teen girl having her dinner with her parents. Not just her parents but also her parents' friends' family. A dinner on the round table felt like a round table conference for her. A boring dinner with her non-favourite soup. Only the spoon and fork slamming on the plates and bowls sounds could be heard in this silent dinner. She felt more sleepy rather than eating this.

Her unfazed eyes raised and looked up at the boy who was also her age. Felt like all the uneasiness flew away when the boy smiled with his plump lips on display. Her eyes stretched and she noticed her lips smiled back at him without any fuss between her heart and mind. 'I don't like this' he spoke without saying any words and she quickly understood what he meant through his actions.

'I don't like this either' she replied with her little actions and he smiled brightly having someone on the same page with him. They kept smiling at each other, locking gazes until her father began to speak. "Bora was a scholar in her school. She was loved by all of her teachers. Actually, they didn't want her to leave the school. Her principal personally talked to me and they want to leave her with them. But I-" her father turned to look at her daughter who was staring back at her with big eyes.

"I don't want her to live in a dorm far away from us. I want to see her every day. She didn't want to leave her friends as well. She created a whole scene before moving out." He finished talking, patting Bora's back while she looked at everyone, smiling awkwardly, not knowing if her father praised her or dissed her.

"Yeah, she paints and dances so well. I had to convince the teachers personally. I had a great time dealing with them." Bora's mother said, chewing her food. "Oh, that's really good. I think you will be more popular in your new school as well." The boy's father said, making her smile. "I will, thank you," Bora said politely before locking her eyes on the boy and looking down at her food.

They were finishing the dinner one by one and Bora was ready to leave the place and go to her new house and hug her plushie to sleep deep after the whole day of journey from Seoul to Busan and moving the things out. She just wanted an escape to her new four walls of the bedroom. As soon as she got up, the boy's mom spoke, gaining her attention.

"Bora, go check the books in his room. I will give a quick tour to your parents." Bora slowly nodded her head as her eyes fell on Jimin. He smiled warmly before turning away and walking towards his room upstairs. Looking at her parents, talking about some painting on the living room wall, she had nothing but to follow what she said.

'Just 10 more minutes and you are sleeping.' Bora said to herself before raging to the stairs that led to the boy's room. She saw the door was half opened and she heard rummaging sounds from the inside. "Shall I come in?" Bora asked if it was appropriate to come inside, looking like he was cleaning out his room. "Oh yeah, please." The voice broke out, as he came to the door, opening it widely for her.

"Thank you," Bora said, as she finally stepped in, her eyes observing around. The room was dimly lit, books were shattered, and games were on the top of the bed as if he just finished a level before the dinner. She wondered where she could sit so that she could look at the so-called books they were talking about.

"Here," he said, dragging a chair out of nowhere, maybe it was under a pile of clothes. "Thanks," she said, sitting on it, while he sat on the bed next to his computer. "Um, Jimin, right?" She spoke, and his eyes fell back on her own before it was wandering wherever god knows where.

"Yeah. Park Jimin." He extended his hand to her which she gladly accepted right away. "Nice to meet you," she said, before looking around. "So, what subjects are you tak-" Before she could complete, Jimin walked forward to the door and he closed it. "Do you play games?" He asked as he went to the computer, turning it on.