22

Bora's inquiry cut through the air like a blade, directed at Taehyung and Joon, who stood hand in hand. "When did you guys arrive?" she questioned, her gaze flickering between them, searching for answers.

"We came here just after you left," Taehyung replied, his voice carrying a glint of mischief as his eyes danced with amusement. "Joon here was itching to catch the latest Spider-Man flick, so we made a swift exit."

Bora's smile waned, her thoughts elsewhere, preoccupied with the recent events that had unfolded. "How's the movie?" Taehyung pressed, his tone betraying a hint of concern as he noticed her distraction.

"It's... it's good," Bora murmured, her words lacking conviction, as if she were merely going through the motions of pleasantries.

Taehyung glanced at his watch, realizing the intermission was likely drawing to a close. "Shall we head back?" he suggested, attempting to usher Joon away from Bora's side.

But Joon interjected, his voice earnest as he appealed to Bora, "Noona, please come with us. The movie's really cool."

Caught between conflicting desires and obligations, Bora hesitated, her gaze shifting between Taehyung and Joon. She felt torn, unable to decline Joon's innocent plea yet equally unwilling to return to a place where Jimin and his friend were in.

Observing Bora's dilemma, Taehyung made a swift decision. "Let's go," he declared decisively, his hand intertwining with Bora's as he gently guided them back towards the dimly lit movie hall.

Joon settled comfortably onto Bora's lap as the movie unfolded, the flickering lights of the screen casting shifting shadows across their faces. Despite her initial doubts, Bora found herself surprisingly drawn into the film, her attention captured by the mesmerizing action and vivid storytelling.

As the minutes ticked by, Bora realized with a pang of guilt that she hadn't even spared a thought for Jimin, who had likely been waiting for her return. Yet, amidst the laughter and excitement of the theater, his absence had faded into the background, overshadowed by the warmth of Taehyung's company and the infectious joy radiating from Joon.

Taehyung, ever the jester, peppered the air with lighthearted jokes and playful banter, his antics earning genuine smiles from Bora. Meanwhile, Joon eagerly traded places between Taehyung and Bora, his youthful enthusiasm contagious as he reveled in the thrill of the movie.

Emerging from the theater, Bora's mind still abuzz with the film's exhilarating climax, she was abruptly jolted back to reality by the sight of Jimin standing before her. His casual demeanor belied the tension simmering beneath the surface as he greeted her with a nonchalant tone.

"Boo, where did you disappear to? I tried texting you," Jimin remarked, his words tinged with a hint of reproach, though his attention remained fixed on his friend, oblivious to the presence of Taehyung and Joon.

Bora's facade of indifference wavered, her expression betraying a flicker of frustration. "Really?" she countered, her gaze steady as she met Jimin's probing stare.

Unfazed by her cool demeanor, Jimin persisted, his insistence bordering on impatience. "Come on, let's go back," he urged, extending an invitation that Bora had little desire to accept.

But Bora shook her head defiantly, her resolve firm as she declined his offer. "No," she stated simply, her voice devoid of emotion.

Jimin's brow furrowed in confusion, his frustration mounting as he struggled to comprehend her sudden resistance. "What, you're not coming with me?" he demanded, his tone tinged with annoyance.

Bora's silence spoke volumes as she averted her gaze, unwilling to engage in further argument. Her loyalty to Jimin wavered, overshadowed by the newfound bonds she had forged with Taehyung and Joon.

Taehyung, sensing the tension mounting, stepped forward, his demeanor calm yet resolute. "She's not coming, bro," he interjected, his voice carrying a note of finality.

Jimin's expression darkened, his jaw clenched as he regarded Taehyung with a mixture of defiance and disbelief. "And who are you to make that call?" he retorted, his frustration boiling over.

A faint smirk played across Taehyung's lips as he met Jimin's gaze head-on. "I'm her friend," he stated simply, his words imbued with unwavering conviction.

Jimin recoiled as if struck, his pride wounded by Taehyung's blunt assertion. He cast a final, lingering glance in Bora's direction, but her silence spoke volumes, sealing his fate as he turned on his heel and stormed away, his departure leaving an uneasy silence in his wake.

As Bora watched Jimin's retreating figure vanish into the distance, a pang of uncertainty gripped her heart. She couldn't shake the feeling of guilt that gnawed at her conscience, questioning her decision to let him go. Yet, before she could dwell on her inner turmoil, Taehyung swooped in, blocking her view with his infectious enthusiasm.

"I'm starving, more than Joonie even! Let's hit up that restaurant and chow down," Taehyung exclaimed, his voice brimming with energy as he eagerly nudged Bora towards the exit.

Joonie, already impatient to indulge in a feast, tugged at Bora's arm, propelling her forward. Together, they embarked on a culinary adventure, their footsteps echoing in harmony as they made their way to the nearest eatery.

Seated at a table, Bora found herself engulfed in a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. Guilt gnawed at her conscience, its tendrils wrapping around her thoughts like a suffocating shroud. Was she betraying Jimin by choosing to stay? Or was she simply prioritizing her own happiness for once?

As the aroma of freshly cooked food filled the air, Bora's mind swirled with questions, each one more daunting than the last. Could she truly live without Jimin by her side? And if so, why had she struggled to break free from his grasp in the first place?

Lost in her inner turmoil, Bora found solace in the lighthearted banter and silly antics of Taehyung and Joonie. Their laughter echoed like music in her ears, drowning out the cacophony of doubts and fears that threatened to consume her.

In their presence, Bora discovered a newfound sense of joy and belonging. They were more than just friends; they were beacons of light in the darkness, guiding her through the stormy seas of uncertainty.

Gratitude swelled within her heart as she realized just how fortunate she was to have them by her side. Never in her wildest dreams had she imagined forging such deep and meaningful connections.

Bora's eyes lit up as she noticed Taehyung offering her a piece of meat, his smile radiant and infectious. "This looks really good. Have it!" he insisted, his generosity accompanied by that signature grin that never failed to lift her spirits.

Returning his smile, Bora accepted the offered morsel with gratitude, savoring the flavors with delight. But her heart swelled even more as she observed Joonie following suit, sharing another piece of meat with her. His gesture, though small, spoke volumes of his kindness and consideration.

She cherished these simple gestures of affection, finding joy in the bonds of friendship that connected them. Taehyung and Joonie's thoughtfulness reaffirmed her belief in the beauty of life's little pleasures. They were reminders that happiness could be found in the most unexpected places, if only one took the time to notice and appreciate them.