20

A knock on the door roused Bora from her sleep, and when she opened it to find Joon-woo still curled up next to her, his arms gently around her. She eased herself out of his hold and proceeded to the entrance, where Taehyung was waiting.

"I really appreciate it! You're the reason I slept so good! I'll get him right now! Must ready for school, isn't that right?" Taehyung pointed at the still-drowsing Joon-woo and exclaimed out in a tone full of appreciation.

Bora grinned and gave a sympathetic nod while Taehyung lifted Joon-woo up onto his shoulders. "Please arrive soon! After an hour, I'll wait for you." Before Bora could say anything more, he added and left the room.

Bora was left wondering why Taehyung insisted on waiting for her as the door closed behind him and Joon-woo. "What makes him wish to hold out for me? He can go by himself," she thought to herself as she got ready to go with Taehyung to the school, her mind straying to Jimin.

When Bora got outdoors, she saw Joon-woo and Taehyung waiting for her right away. But in the middle of them, she saw Jimin come out of the door. She ran towards him without thinking, her pulse pounding with anticipation.

"I was waiting for you!" Excitedly, yet with a twinge of regret for abandoning Taehyung and tiny Joon-woo, Bora said. The way Joon-woo's eyes begged her, prodding at her conscience, she was unable to ignore them.

She felt her guilt subside for a minute as they walked past Taehyung and Joon-woo, Jimin's grin warming her. She heard Joon-woo's voice calling out to her before she could move another step.

"Noona, wait for me!" Joon-woo's words were followed by the image of him sprinting in her direction, his little hand out with thin fingers to take hers.

Bora was moved by Joon-woo's genuine love for her and felt a sense of connection with him. Taehyung stood next to him, his countenance a mix of patience and understanding.

Bora fell into step next to him, Joon-woo gripping her hand tightly, regretting her decision to forego Taehyung's thoughtful gesture. As the four of them made their way towards the school, Bora's brief stroll seemed longer than usual because she was experiencing mixed feelings.

"I will see you in the evening, Noona!" With a tinge of excitement in his voice, Joon-woo bounded off towards his class, leaving Bora, Jimin, and Taehyung to find their way to their shared lesson.

Bora was excited to take her regular place by Jimin again as they strolled together. She missed the comforting familiarity of their company.

"Can I sit with you?" Bora looked surprised, her eyes widening at Taehyung's question. Jimin shot back before she could even think of a reply, a cheeky smile dancing over his lips.

"She sits with me, bro!" Jimin's statement was laced with a faint undertone of possessiveness, posing a lighthearted challenge to Taehyung.

"Oh, that's okay!" The tension was released by Taehyung's effortless acceptance. He nodded in understanding and moved to his usually empty seat with a polite demeanour.

Bora couldn't resist stealing a quick peek at Taehyung, who was by himself at his desk, as the lecture got underway. A pang of guilt shot through her for turning down his request, but Jimin's comforting presence at her side reminded her where she really belonged.

Throughout the lesson, Bora noticed that she and Jimin would often gaze at each other and whisper to each other; their natural connection was evident in their easygoing companionability.

Bora would have tantrums sometimes, yet Taehyung didn't give up on her friendship right away. He was her classmate and neighbour, and he was understanding of their developing bond and understanding of her sporadic outbursts. Taehyung's carefree and playful demeanour enabled him to dismiss her outbursts with a grin, understanding that underlying her exterior, a sincere bond awaited nurturing.