Chapter 8 - Beginnings?

Hey y'all, been a while but good to be back. Let's get into it!

Also, this has not been entirely proofread, so just ignore spelling errors, please.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The sweet scent of rain touching the earth filled the air as thick nimbus clouds painted the sky, concealing the sun behind them and casting a grey shadow over the city. The fast-paced life of Delhi had eased into a slow pace as the afternoon rain fell endlessly, yes, but...... somehow, a melancholic beauty came with it?

These were the things King thought to himself as he sat back on the sofa, whisky glass in hand staring out the massive window of his hotel suite.

It was just like this, yes he remembered

It was just like this, yes he remembered. The rain fell just like this, and the air smelt like it did now, that day that changed his life forever. The day, that She, changed his life forever.....

His train of thought was interrupted by the sound of his door opening, he didn't turn to see because hearing the dejected sigh of the person as they walked in told him exactly who it was.

"Bhai, Seriously?"

The person said helplessly as he folded his arms across his chest and stared at his brother. It was Tarun.

King without turning his gaze, responded nonchalantly

King : Calm down, I'm only having one.

He said as he ever so slightly tightened his grip on his whisky glass. Tarun walked to the table beside the Sofa and took the bottle of whiskey from there. King stayed in his position and did not avert his gaze still.

Tarun looked at his brother for a moment and then turned his gaze to the window, it had a beautiful view of the city indeed.....but he knew his brother was not simply admiring it.

Tarun : You're thinking of her aren't you?

He asked a mixture of unease and anger in his voice.

For the first time, King turned his gaze to his brother

King : (Sighs) Don't start with this, please.

He said as he rose from his seat and began to walk away.

Tarun : I knew this was a bad idea.....We should have never come here. It's hardly been a week and you've already started drinking again-

King : I had ONE glass

King retorted sharply

Tarun : That's not the point Bhai and you know it