fifteen

"Happy birthday what would you like as a birthday gift besides the fact that I'm teaching you on how to cook

"Happy birthday what would you like as a birthday gift besides the fact that I'm teaching you on how to cook." Jia asks as she ties the back of her apron up into a bow, her then helping Yangyang out by tieing his one up as well.
He had his hand under his chin as he thought of it for a second.
"Hmmmm, what do I want..." He mumbles, confused as to what he really wants.

"You can ask for anything, as long as its legal." She stated as he nodded his head whilst having a lazy grin on his face.
"Yes attorney Liu."
His statement causing her cheeks to heat up. She still wasn't used to the fact that she now shared the same surname as him. Is it too late to remove the u in her surname?

"Ahh, I've thought of a present." He exclaims as she looks at him eagerly, waiting for him to say what he wants.
"You have to close your eyes though." Yangyang instructed as she raises a brow up in confusion but nonetheless followed hid orders. The girl closing her eyes as she stands there in scepticism.

He didn't say anything,  but instead acted out what he wanted from her. The lad pressing a kiss to her forehead before pulling her into his embrace.
"Yangyang what the heck?!" Jia exclaims flustered as she hits his back. Yangyang only chuckling sheepishly.
"You said I could ask for anything that's legal. Kissing you isn't illegal is it?" He reasons as he buries his face in the crook of her neck, exhaling her scent.
I don't know why but there's something about Jia's smell that he really liked a lot. She smelt a lot like lavender, like comfort, like home.
"Yeah but still, that caught me off guard!" She fumes grumpily as he could just laugh at her state. Squishing her cheeks irresistibly.

"You're cute." Yangyang smiling as he says that. Jia having to stop herself from turning even more red. Inside her mind, she wanted to say that 'this is not what friends do!!"

"So what are we planning to cook today attorney Liu." He finally let's go of her as he rolls up his sleeves until his elbows.
"I'm going to teach you how to make my grandma's amazing dumplings!" She claps her hands in excitement as she stated that.
His eyes widens.
"You're just going to tell me her recipe just like that?" He says astounded as she nods her head.
"You're the first person to know about her recipe, so you better pay attention."

---ᶻ 𝘇 𐰁

"We're done." Jia chanted as she placed the finished dumplings on the table.
"I didn't know cooking would take this much effort. No wonder why I never cook." Yangyang whines as all Jia could do was roll her eyes at him.
"Go ahead, you can have the first taste. The birthday boy got to taste his own cooking and hard work." She motions him to get the first bite.
He took a pair of chopsticks before having the first bite. Savouring the taste as he didn't say anything at first.
"Oh wow, these are probably by far the best dumplings that I've ever tasted. I could eat this all day." He exclaims before motioning her to eat.
Jia couldn't help but to grin seeing him enjoy the food.

The two of them then sat down as they enjoyed the food.
But not even a second later, they were interrupted by a phone call from Yangyang's device.
The lad looked down at his phone with his brow raised,  seeing the caller ID before picking up the call rapidly.

"Who was it?" Jia asks once he was done with his call. It lasted for about a whole minute.
"Juyi, Renjun's younger brother. He called me because Renjun's going through another one of his panic attack, Jia I'm sorry for having to leave you. I need to go and visit him, Renjun he's-" Yangyang started to ramble in panic as Jia interrupts him.
"It's fine. He's your best friend,  he should be your priority. You should go and visit him." She tells him as he gave her an apologetic smile.
"I'm sorry again Jia. I'll make it up to you some other time." He says before getting his car keys and fleeing out of the apartment.

She let's out a defeated sigh.
"Just as I was about to get the cake." She mumbles before shaking her head and cleaning the mess up.

꒰ ♡🥛യ •₊˚

9:00pm

*click
The sound of the front door closing could be heard as Yangyang had just gotten back home after visiting Renjun. It took him a while to get his dear friend to calm down, he must have seen something that was related to lily that must have pulled a trigger in him.

Yangyang took his shoes off before heading to the kitchen. Opening the fridge to get a can of coke when he spots something. There was a small box placed inside the fridge, and out of curiosity, he took it out to see that it was a birthday cake.

生日快乐 刘扬扬 !

Now he felt even more horrible and guilty for having to leave Jia. She already prepared him a cake in advance, and was probably excited to have eaten the cake with him but of course he had to leave her like that.

.

hi, it's been a while hasn't it. I've started uni and so I never have the time to update anymore 😓 but idk why I have the sudden burst to update again. (pls I only update when I'm sad or when I have an exam thats near). I don't know how to deal with sadness so I always run towards writing. At least my mind is relaxed when I write things down, can't say the same to my heart though BWAHAHAHA.

Happy belated birthday to Yangyang, my favourite orange 🤍🤍 whenever I write about him, I fall back in love with him awowkwoakak. Let's hope that Yangyang doesn't end up breaking Jia's heart in future chapters.

Oh I'm sorry if the format of the twitter posts are different, I'm writing from my tablet in the meantime bec the phone that I usually use to write my books in is not working lol.