nineteen

Two months had passed since the two departed. Jia had moved back to her mother's place whilst Yangyang stayed in their shared apartment, though the apartment didn't feel shared anymore but moreover that it fully belonged to him now.

The both of them had finally made it to the end of their studies as they were now able to graduate.
Yangyang had never stopped to win her back, he'd message her and asked how she was doing, of course not forgetting to apologise. But Jia would always ignore his messages and not answerr him back.
Even if she wanted to so badly go back to him, she was afraid.

He last messaged her on their graduation day.

Yangyang

| Happy graduation day Jia :)
| I'm so proud of you for being able to make it this far. You probably still don't want to talk to me, but it's alright. I'll respect your decisions.
| if it isn't too much to ask
| could you come over to my first fashion show? It'd really mean a lot to me. If you don't end up coming, then that is fine as well.
| I just want us to meet so we can talk about this divorce. As much as I don't want to let you go, we can't keep avoiding each other and extend this situation for any longer than we've intended. Not talking about it is not going to find a solution to this.

꒰ ♡🥛യ •₊˚

"Jiaa, Happy graduation day, I knew that my best friend could graduate and make it this far." Sena exclaims as she pulls her friend into a tight hug.
All of Jia's best friends and family members as well had come over to congratulate her on this special day.

"You finally have a law degree, I'm so proud of you." Jieun spoke as she pats her on the head, making the girl smile widely.
"Surprise, surprise, I've managed to survive and didn't end up in an asylum." She jokes.

"Finally, you're out of school. Took you long enough. Now we can finally hang out again." Kisaki spoke as she pulled Jia into a hug.

"Jia." The voice making all of them look behind. Seeing Yangyang's mother standing there as she flashes her a smile.
"O-Oh Mrs Liu." She stumbles on her word as she quickly bows at her. Her other friends followed along.
Geez, that must have been awkward.
"Happy graduation day dear. I just wanted to come by to see you again." The older women greeted.

Jia looks around the place. Her friends already probably knew that she was trying to find Yangyang in the midst of the crowd.
But he was nowhere to be seen.
"Thank you so much. It really means a lot." The girl replies. Though, she didn't know why she felt so empty when she realised that he wasn't around.

"Is Yangyang not here?" Her sister Jane asked. Her younger sister looking at Jia to make sure that it was OK if she asked a question about him.
"Its ok, you can ask about him." She says softly.

"Oh Yangyang, he's currently with his group of friends. Do you want to meet him?" His mother answers as Jane nods her head.
"I want to congratulate him since my sister's too afraid to do so herself." Jane stated, earning a chuckle from the people around her as Jia sent her a warning glare.
"Alright then, lets go and see him." She says as she brought Jane along with her.

"You really need to give him another chance. Even his mother doesn't seem to pressure you to get back with him." Sena spoke up as a frown cascaded it's way on Jia's face.
"Girls." Nari calls out as all her friends looks at her.
" Why is renjun coming this way?" She asks as all of them looked at one another in confusion.

The said lad stopped in front of them. Cold ice displayed on his face as he looks over at Jia.

"Can I talk to Jian for a few minutes. It won't take long." He says as all her friends looks at her before leaving the two alone.

"First of all, I want to say congratulations for graduating." He started off as she smiles at him faintly.
"Thanks."
"And secondly, I wanted to apologise. You probably hate me a lot, cause I'm the main reason why you and Yangyang decided to separate. I didn't mean to always take his time. He's just always the first person that I call when I need something since my girlfriend left. I'm sorry again, and I don't like seeing him get all gloomy and depressed over a girl. There's already me in the group who's always crying over someone, and honestly i don't need a crying buddy. I want to see my friend happy, and he's always happy when he's around you." He explains before giving her an envelope.

"What's this for?" Jia questions.
"Some sketches that I found in his office when I was helping him clean up. Thought that I'd give it to you so it'll convince you to come to his fashion show tomorrow." He answers. She raises a brow at him.
"Why are you doing this?"

He rolls his eyes tiredly at her.
"Geez Jian, I'm just trying to be a nice friend here. It seems like Yangyang doesn't want to bother you, thats why he's giving you space to think and consider things. And you don't want to see him even though deep inside you really want to." He calls her out as her face flushed pink.
"H-hey that's not true!"

The lad only grins mischievously.
"He's a changed man Jian, try giving him another chance. He started to learn how to cook when you left him, hey that's a new accomplishment to see him stop consuming takeaway food all the time. He also doesn't make a mess anymore after finishing his designs. If that isn't malewife material and not a reason to get back with him , then what is?" Renjun shrugging before leaving her.
"Ya renjun, don't just leave like that- HEY!" She exclaims but it was no use as he had already disappeared.

She looks at the envelope that he had given her. Opening it to see it filled with Yangyang's sketches. A sketch of his clothing designs... and her. His inspiration for his clothing line this whole time was her.

"What's that in your hands, oh and why did Renjun want to talk to you?" Kisaki asks as Jia quickly placed the sketches back inside the envelope.
"O-oh it's nothing. You know what, girls, maybe I will give him a second chance."