Chapter 14

Clove slowly walked closer to Iris watched her her every step carefully. "Iris" Clove said putting her hands up in the air. "Don't come any closer." Iris said as she put her back against the wall. Clove stopped and looked at Iris, "It's okay Iris I'm not going to hurt you." Snows voice came into Iris's head again making her squeeze her eyes shut. "She's just going to kill you- Don't be so vulnerable Ms. Stoll- She is going to kill you like she has tried to in the past- Protect yourself Iris." Iris put her hands on her ears hearing Snows voice.

   They stopped and Iris took her hands down from her ears and slowly opened her eyes to look at Clove. She saw Clove still standing there with her hands up. "Your just going to kill me like you did the rest of my family!" Iris yelled at her. "No Iris I-" Iris cut her off when she jumped at her making Clove fall to the ground. Iris got on top of her and punched her jaw making Clove zone out for a second but snapping out of it quickly and fought back punching Iris in the ribs. Iris quickly got off of her giving Clove a chance to stand up. Iris held her stomach looking at Clove ready for more. Clove stood her ground and didn't move, "I don't wanna fight you Iris." She stated "Yeah, well that's funny because I wanna kill you." Iris said as Snows voice got louder in her head, telling her this was her time to strike. Iris slowly got closer dropping her wrists to her side. She got up in Cloves face and moved to her ear. "One's actions will have consequences." Iris grabbed Cloves neck slowly applying pressure. Clove didn't try to fight back afraid to hurt Iris. Iris picked her up and threw her against the wall. Iris went to walk over to her quickly but applied to much pressure on her ankle and fell to the ground. Iris groaned as her ankle pulsed with pain. She saw Clove stand up in the corner of her eye but Iris was to concentrated her ankle to be concerned about her movements. She felt a hand on her back so she turned and punched Clove as hard as she could in the stomach making her fall over gasping for air. Iris stood up putting her hand on the table making sure she didn't put to much pressure on her ankle. She watched as Clove lay there on the ground struggling to catch her breath. Iris hobbled over to her and knelt down beside her, she grabbed her chin and made Clove look at Iris. "Never touch me or Max ever again you hear me?" Iris stated firmly. Clove didn't say anything still gasping for air. "I said to you hear me!" Iris shouted at Clove spitting on her. Clove nodded her head and Iris dropped her chin making her head fall. Iris stood back up and went over to the door but it was still locked so she went over to her chair and picked it up setting it up right. She sat down slowly as Clove stood up breathing heavily. Iris observed her as Clove walked closer to her. Iris looked at her watching every little movement. Clove walked around her leaving a good amount of space in between them, and went and sat down in a different chair a little bit further away from Iris. Iris smirked as she watched her then looked back at the ground when Clove turned around and looked at her. Iris didn't turn around even though she felt Cloves eyes staring at her. Snows voice had quieted down a little bit but now her head was starting to hurt. She rested her elbow on the table and rested her head on her hand. She squeezed her eyes shut waiting for something to happen or someone to walk in and free them from this little room.

   As Iris's eyes were closed she felt a hand on her back so Iris stood up and swung her fist around but was caught by surprise when Clove caught her wrist. Iris looked at Clove and she moved her hand down her arm onto Iris's hand. Iris felt Cloves small hand come into hers, it was colder than Iris's making her shiver. She thought about swinging with her other fist to punch Clove but something stopped her. It was like a little voice in the back of her head telling her no, but just as before Snows voice came booming into her head. Iris tried to act like it didn't phase her as she looked into Clove's eyes. She felt another hand gently touch her neck making Iris tense up for a second but quickly relaxed. Snows voice was starting to get louder but Iris kept ignoring it, Iris felt like she was getting beat up from the inside. She felt Clove pull Iris closer and look at her lips. Iris's breath started to quicken as her heart started beating out of her chest. Iris didn't know why she was feeling this way after everything Clove has put her through. Iris felt Cloves hand tighten around hers as Cloves lips grazed Iris's but suddenly Snows voice got so loud Iris had to cover her ears. She stepped back a few steps and squeezed her eyes shut wanting him to go away. She felt someone come grab her aggressively and start to drag her as she was unable to get her feet under her. She opened her eyes and saw Clove looking at her from afar with saddened eyes. Iris tried to look up to see who was dragging her but it was no use. She tried to struggle but they weren't letting go.

  Suddenly they stopped and Iris heard footsteps coming closer. President Coin walked into her view. "We told you if you try anything there will be consequences." Coin said in a I told you so voice. Iris rolled her eyes and looked down at her feet infront of her, then back up to Coin. Coin hummed before making a small movement with her hand and Iris started getting drug away again.

   They took her back to her bunk and she saw Max laying there on his back. They drug her over to the other side of the bed and sat her down. "Coin will-" "Hang on, may I see a doctor about this?" Iris asked pointing to her ankle interrupting them. The two guards looked at each other with a questioning look then looked back at Iris and nodded then continued on with their statement. "Coin will come and get you as soon as safety regulations are checked." Iris nodded then The guards went on their way leaving Max and Iris in bed. "Yeesh I didn't even see that." Max said looking over to see Iris's ankle.  "Yeah I did it the other day and I need a doctor but I haven't had time to ask anyone." Max nodded then went back to looking at the bed above him.

   "Hang on so I have a question." Iris said laying down beside Max.
"Yeah?"
"So how are you not dead?"

  (I am so sorry for not updating and I apologize that this chapter is shorter I wanted to at least give you guys something. I should have more time to write this weekend but school and everything has just been super busy and I'm sorry about that. Anyways stay safe out there you guys are the best. :)